Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tire chains, who keeps them in their truck?

Re: Tire chains, who keeps them in their truck?

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Wallz- you be a Happy Guy when the day comes and you NEED and use them ! RJ
    Oooo, I know, it is just a matter of time. I know I could have used them years ago, but never owned a set years ago.

Have come close to needing them a few times, but was able to weasel out without the need to install.

I now also carry a few tree hugger straps and a few hundred ft of decent dynema rope and a fancy new roller snatch ring teamed up with some rope shackles. All sitting new, in the truck, just waiting for that day. My truck runs 8000 lbs, so the rope has to be skookum.

Always a good idea to run some recovery gear, even when you are alone. Never know when someone will come by, much less rely on them having the right gear to get you out.

Re: Tire chains, who keeps them in their truck?

All I can say is that I'm very glad I bought a set of v-bar chains for my truck last fall. Winter driving to my place in Horsefly had its challenges for sure! There were a few times the roads near home were sheer ice (really bad according to locals I talked to), and would have not been good without chains.

They will always travel with me in winter. In a bucket, lots of bungee cords etc....and at least one extra cam wrench. Dropped one in the snow (found it after a bit), but tied some flagging tape to both after that just in case..good to have the "star bungee" for the chains as well. Tightens things up nicely IMO.

Just to add...I have a set for my little JD tractor. A huge help plowing the "driveway"..

M.