Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sockeye opens tommorow on the fraser

Re: Sockeye opens tommorow on the fraser

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Anybody have any luck today? I was out for a couple hours before work and hookes 3, landed a nice buck..donated a few rigs to the river..
    Hunting partner killed his fish, it took all day.

Shit I’ll stick to the chinook fishing easy limits big fish and next to no people.

I took my mom and dad out yesterday. We did get our limit but had to really work for it. It took us all day.

We decided it wasn't worth it.
    Most reports indicated very few fish were caught.
    I would have to insure the boat trailer, buy salmon licences for the wife and I, and get the boat running.
    Then decide where you can launch the boat as Gill Road is closed and Appel road is apparently not great this year.
    Then you have to find a bar that is fishable as the river is 10 to 13% higher than average this year at this time and fewer bars are showing.
    I guess I am just getting old and tired. And my son is off moose hunting so I can't let him do it.
    Fresh sockeye is appealing but I guess not enough.

Sockeye is always at my local sushi bar. It’s cheaper in the long run, and we had the woods to ourselves today
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Didn't see a single person out hunting today it was great!!!

An interesting news item on Global this morning. It seems there have been quite a lot of rotting sockeye showing up dumped in various locations from Hope down to Steveston. Some of the fish have been cleaned, some not, some in bins ,some just dumped in the river, some dumped in the bush. Most with net marks. The inference of the news piece was that the fish more than likely were caught illegally and then who ever caught them had no market for them so they were just dumped them to rot in the hot weather. Apparently the DFO used to have a policing officers for this type of offence but about ten years a go in their infinite wisdom, the DFO disbanded this group that was use for policing DFO regulations. This is something that the Liberal Gov. should be held responsible for for the lack of policing! A dead and rotting Sockeye is a fish that will never spawn!

Skip the sockeye, killer day for the chinook on the south thompson..watched 15+ fish be caught this morning.

Was fishing in the salt off the north arm of the Fraser yesterday …..there are LOTS of sockeye jumping out there so lots still to head upstream.

Apparently it is a $600 fine for crossing the railway tracks.....

The CN police were patrolling on Saturday.

Edit: makes a guy wonder what incident happened to make them start enforcing things now?