Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pretty decent budget tripod and head combo from amazon.

Re: Pretty decent budget tripod and head combo from amazon.

I've been using the K&F carbon tripod few years now, with an aging vortex panhead which gets worse every year....finally upgraded to the outdoorsman panhead last week...but for the price of it i just ordered that fluid panhead, cheap enough and light enough to try out

thanks to the OP for sharing that link, excited to test it out now against the outdoorsman
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Great info SR80!

Just got the head in the mail. It’s definitely an upgrade to the ball head and 75 grams lighter.

This year I’ve also switched to this binocular adapter over the screw-in Vortex one I’ve been using. I’d recommend trying it, it comes with 2 studs so you can use it with a coupe pairs of binos. It’s about 60 grams lighter including one stud than the Vortex one I have. https://tricerusa.com/collections/al...eid=a62119ff89

Edit; I did have to remove one of the small Allen screws at the base of the bino adapter so it would fit on the head.

well damn, I just got the head last night, for the price it is mighty impressive...although I only received 1 plate, not an extra plate like the OP reported, not a big deal, just sharing my experience

I need more field glassing time, but I would dare say it will outperform the outdoorsman panhead

gotta say, I think I had misunderstanding about the outdoorsman panhead, I was expecting performance similar to a fluid head....but the tilt is either free or locked, there is not much tension in between, not what I was hoping for but it is very well built
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    well damn, I just got the head last night, for the price it is mighty impressive...although I only received 1 plate, not an extra plate like the OP reported, not a big deal, just sharing my experience

I need more field glassing time, but I would dare say it will outperform the outdoorsman panhead

gotta say, I think I had misunderstanding about the outdoorsman panhead, I was expecting performance similar to a fluid head....but the tilt is either free or locked, there is not much tension in between, not what I was hoping for but it is very well built
    I had the same experience with the outdoorsmans panhead. I did end of selling it pretty fast after using it a few times. This CH10 has been my favorite head ive ever used.