Just thought i would share some amazon finds that i purchased and have been testing for a bit here. I wanted to put together a budget tripod for my son so he could glass off of. Im really impressed with this tripod head, ive bounced around with a handful of heads trying to find one that worked well for me. I used to use an outdoorsmans pistol grip but found it a bit cumbersome with a 65mm spotter, but worked awesome for binos. I even tried the outdoorsmans pan head which i didnt like because with the spotter you couldnt pan smoothly with it, it would be either locked or unlocked and sometimes when unlocking it if you werent hanging onto the spotter it would flop forward or backwards. This one here is a fluid head, and you can easily set the tension so you can pan and tilt with binos and spotter. Holds them solid. The combo of both is 2lbs 11oz. The head itself it 7ish oz.

The head is $56, comes with one extra plate, i pulled the rubber knob off it and shortened the handle a bit

SmallRig Selection Tripod Fluid Head Pan Tilt Head with Quick Release Plate for Arca Swiss for for Compact Video Cameras and DSLR Cameras -3259 : Amazon.ca: Electronics

The tripod is $135, i found an open box one for $120 on amazon. I pulled the ball head off and put the pan head on, it goes tall enough to stand with if you like that, i dont. I might remove the bottom leg section but we'll see. It also has a tab inside where the center post slides to keep the center post from turning inside, i ground it off so i can rotate the center post if i wanted.

Neewer Carbon Fiber 66 inches/168 centimeters Camera Tripod Monopod with 360 Degree Ball Head,1/4 inch Quick Shoe Plate,Bag for DSLR Camera,Video Camcorder,Load up to 26.5 pounds/12 kilograms : Amazon.ca: Electronics