Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose region 6 !! Dease lake?

Moose region 6 !! Dease lake?

Hey guys ! My 2 brothers and I are heading for a moose hunt this year into region 6. That past couple years we have gone to region 5 on a draw un successfully tag soup is starting to hurt haha! Anyways we’re going to do the Long haul from Vancouver island this year up into region 6 around dease lake we were thinking . Any tips or just some help to point us in the right direction would be very much appreciated , none of
    us have been up there before so we’re flying blind ! Again any help is much appreciated!!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose region 6 !! Dease lake?

Be prepared for it to be busy... Been getting busier and busier every season and now with the moose closure in region 7b it's going to be packed. Be prepared to hike away from the roads and be mindful of the 400m no hunting/shooting closures. When are you planning on going?

There’s lots of big bears around there
    I'm a lead foot, whiskey drinkin' outlaw.

I've been up there twice this year for 3 days each time...only seen 3 cows and lots of wolf sign, some black bears and a huge grizzly.

Had a wolf come right into camp at 2:30 in the afternoon chasing a calf moose on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    I've been up there twice this year for 3 days each time...only seen 3 cows and lots of wolf sign, some black bears and a huge grizzly.

Had a wolf come right into camp at 2:30 in the afternoon chasing a calf moose on Sunday
    Did you happen to get a shot at the wolf? There is no closure/NBL up there I believe right?
    Last edited by TheObserver; 09-07-2022 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Did you happen to get a shot at the wolf? There is no closure/NBL up there I believe right?
    No, I didn't have my gun handy at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    No, I didn't have my gun handy at the time.
    Ahhh sh***y man! Thinking about going on Wolf only hunts this winter.

We were planning on heading up for the end of oct I figure it’ll be busy but where isn’t ! Lol , I’ve got good legs a quad and a boat nothing fancy but enough to get away I’m hopeing. Really just hoping someone will point me in the right direction to fill my freezer this year !! Thx guys very
    Much appreciated

End of October could be a good time to go, most of the traffic will have gone home
    leaves will have dropped and you should have some snow for tracking
    The rut will have passed and bulls will be lazy but they still have to eat
    So glass the hillsides til your eyes drop out cuz you may only get a quick glimpse of a bull as he stands in his bed for a stretch and a snack
    but when you see horn he will be right there when you get there........most times.......
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by sed8ed View Post
    Be prepared for it to be busy... Been getting busier and busier every season and now with the moose closure in region 7b it's going to be packed. Be prepared to hike away from the roads and be mindful of the 400m no hunting/shooting closures. When are you planning on going?
    I thought if i seen a rabbit in the ditch of the side of any service road that i was allowed to shoot because i am legally hunting and not recreationally shooting. that I dont have to be 400m away from any service road. All i should worry about it shooting point and beyond.