Thread: Elk hunt near Pink Mountain RFI

Elk hunt near Pink Mountain RFI

Hi all,
    New member. I live in Region 7A and I’m taking my first venture North to hunt this season. Planning on heading up to Pink mountain area. Hoping to get some general information on best direction to head and whether most of the oil pad roads are passible for 4WD. We plan on hunting Elk and maybe deer if no Elk make themselves available. Thanks I’m advance. This far I’ve only hunted near home and haven’t had time from work to get the scouting in.

Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk hunt near Pink Mountain RFI

Most oil field roads are passible in your grandmother's grocery getter unless there's snow or mud. If there's mud sometimes even 4x4s can't get through.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

Pink mnt is a tourist trap and shot out hole that's been pillaged year after year. I live in fort st john have been for over 13 years if you live in 7 a your already in elk Country,li was down the mile 95 2 years back and counted 29 hunt camps on a single road good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 338edgehunter View Post
    Pink mnt is a tourist trap and shot out hole that's been pillaged year after year. I live in fort st john have been for over 13 years if you live in 7 a your already in elk Country,li was down the mile 95 2 years back and counted 29 hunt camps on a single road good luck.
    Things are going to be different this year with the moose closures

Just be careful if it rains. The mud roads can be unpleasant without mud tires or chains.

Very true with the moose closures there should be waaaaaay less people....here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Things are going to be different this year with the moose closures

Great info. Thank you! Yeah. Our bull elk here don’t come out until January. I know one person that’s landed a bull within 150 kms of me in the last 5 years.

Any suggestions east or west of the hwy?
    Last edited by Mike58DR; 09-05-2022 at 08:51 PM.