Thread: Awesome bear interaction yesterday

Threaded View

Awesome bear interaction yesterday

I went up to a favourite bear spot yesterday and I usually see 4-5 bears a day in that area. I parked and hiked to my glassing spot. And before I even got to where I wanted to glass from I had already spotted a bear. Turned out to be the only one I seen all day. But he turned out to be a 4-4.5 footer I was looking for something a little bigger. But with no other bears to be seen I pulled out my rabbit in distress call and thought what the heck. The bear was over a km away with a big ravine between us. As soon as I blew on the call he was interested and was trying to pin point where it was coming from. The next squeal he was off and making his way towards me with purpose. I would stop and then begin again if he stopped coming. He made it to the other side of the ravine and held up so I gave one more good squeal and barreling down he went. At this point I can hear him breaking branches as he made his way down and back up. I took 10 big steps back from the edge of the ravine and already knew exactly where he would come out. A few seconds later I could hear him breathing heavy and then see him salivating and looking for the easy dinner i had promised. I had my crosshairs right between his eyes. Took one final look at him and decide he was to small so I yelled hey bear! And he shot off like a rocket down the trail. Hopefully the next one is bigger. Good luck to everyone this season.
    Last edited by Rayne; 09-03-2022 at 07:42 PM.

2. Site Sponsor