Thread: Awesome bear interaction yesterday

Awesome bear interaction yesterday

I went up to a favourite bear spot yesterday and I usually see 4-5 bears a day in that area. I parked and hiked to my glassing spot. And before I even got to where I wanted to glass from I had already spotted a bear. Turned out to be the only one I seen all day. But he turned out to be a 4-4.5 footer I was looking for something a little bigger. But with no other bears to be seen I pulled out my rabbit in distress call and thought what the heck. The bear was over a km away with a big ravine between us. As soon as I blew on the call he was interested and was trying to pin point where it was coming from. The next squeal he was off and making his way towards me with purpose. I would stop and then begin again if he stopped coming. He made it to the other side of the ravine and held up so I gave one more good squeal and barreling down he went. At this point I can hear him breaking branches as he made his way down and back up. I took 10 big steps back from the edge of the ravine and already knew exactly where he would come out. A few seconds later I could hear him breathing heavy and then see him salivating and looking for the easy dinner i had promised. I had my crosshairs right between his eyes. Took one final look at him and decide he was to small so I yelled hey bear! And he shot off like a rocket down the trail. Hopefully the next one is bigger. Good luck to everyone this season.
    Last edited by Rayne; 09-03-2022 at 07:42 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Awesome bear interaction yesterday

..all the fun hunting part, with none of the hard work part...sounds like g
    a great trial for bagging the one you want...

Some excitement there. Always makes for a good day out. Bagging memories is a good deal, score one for the memory trophy room.

Sounds pretty exciting. Be careful. Having a bear out front doesn't mean you don't have one behind.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Sounds pretty exciting. Be careful. Having a bear out front doesn't mean you don't have one behind.
    I was definitely thinking that was an option as I had my back to the forest but it’s very over grown and doesn’t have a good food source or any reason for bears to be on that section of mountain. But I did keep my head on a swivel. I’ve never called a bear before. But I did think that him being a younger bear I would have a better chance calling him in. Maybe I’m wrong though and the big ones come in too

Was thinking the same way as grainer there but figured you must be somewhere nice and open. Bunch of thick dry crunchy timber behind you perhaps even better. The mind of a blacktail

Didn't try calling on my bow hunt. Too thick and some sows with cubs around. Don't want anything to happen fast out here. And my last attempt at calling back in the spring went south fast, kinda "called" it off

Buggers sure all ballsy sometimes all the "hey bear" and shouting and they're just like "sup.... you the food?"
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-03-2022 at 10:10 PM.

Ya they came be pretty brave. luckily everyone that I’ve run into and needed to scare off has run. But I was more than ready to shoot this one if he seemed aggressive at all.
    Still hoping to find the 6.5 footer I seen in there last year. Thought it was a cow it was so big.