Alright let's hear from the veterans. Nog especially, please offer your advice.

So I'm a little late to the game, learning how to hunt in my late 40's has been fun but challenging. I'm still not a fan of the killing part but once it's on the ground I'm as excited as a kid on the weekend. I just can't wait to start processing.

Last season was my first season and I got a deer followed by a bear this spring. I've also been fortunate to be a part of my son's harvesting 2 bear and 2 deer. In addition to that many grouse, ducks, and geese have come through our door.

In addition to steaks and roasts I am set up to grind and stuff and have made pepperoni, summer sausage, salami, breakfast and dinner sausages, as well as smokies. Some were recipes I found online, some were my own concoction, and a lot are from Stuffer's. Currently I'm doing all my ground products including our ground for spaghetti, burgers etc as a ratio of 50% game, 25% pork, and 25% fatty beef (usually brisket. I have done this by design as I need my wife to be on board with eating game. With the kids out of the house my hunting days will be over very fast if my wife won't eat it. So far we have all been very happy with the results and I'd like to up the ratios this year. What are other's doing? Is 75% game reasonable or should I work up to that over a couple of season's.

Thanks for any advice offered.
Brian