Thread: Princeton (China Creek) - Season Opener / Postmortem

Princeton (China Creek) - Season Opener / Postmortem

So I spent three nights up in Princeton (China Creek) for my season opener and although I didn't see any bucks, I did run into some does and decided to practice stalking / ambushing. I had wind in my favor, but I got busted by some breaking twigs... does anyone have experience stalking in that area? Even if I manage to avoid all of the twigs on the ground, the foliage almost makes as much noise because everything is dry, any suggestions?

I noticed a lot of grass and thinned out groups of trees around the 3-6km markers, has anyone ever hunted in that area?

Feel free to PM any pro tips you have for the area, I haven't seen any bucks but I have seen a lot of other wildlife.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and replying if you had anything to say!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Princeton (China Creek) - Season Opener / Postmortem

No advice but I had a similar experience. Found lots of animals but nothing legal to shoot. Everything is so dry and loud I could only get into rifle range anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by JPederson View Post
    So I spent three nights up in Princeton (China Creek) for my season opener and although I didn't see any bucks, I did run into some does and decided to practice stalking / ambushing. I had wind in my favor, but I got busted by some breaking twigs... does anyone have experience stalking in that area? Even if I manage to avoid all of the twigs on the ground, the foliage almost makes as much noise because everything is dry, any suggestions?

I noticed a lot of grass and thinned out groups of trees around the 3-6km markers, has anyone ever hunted in that area?

Feel free to PM any pro tips you have for the area, I haven't seen any bucks but I have seen a lot of other wildlife.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and replying if you had anything to say!
    Did you shoot a coyote?

Hello, looking for a recent update on the Coalmont and Jura areas of Princeton. Number of animals, number of hunters? I’m still trying to fill a youth tag for my son……your help greatly appreciated. Thanks…