Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canada Goose Opener

Re: Canada Goose Opener

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    upperleftcoaster, we heard lots of inland shots so hopefully you got something.

I put up my own report here.
    yeah, 2 birds down for us! Not a lot flying but they were around. Going back again this afternoon

With the tides being so low in the morning does a guy need his wadders or are gumboots good enough.
    Thanks again for all the feedback so far, I am hoping to have a good morning hunt tomorrow.

if you are sitting on the beach like we were halfway through the morning yes. Otherwise if you can stand a soggy bum there probably isn't a reason for anything above gumboots. The rain today might create some puddles for you though

Thanks for the info. Silveragent what do you use for cover when sitting on the beach?
    Every time I check this thread I get more and more exited for tomorrow morning .

Tried posting a picture but gave up.

But basically we were wearing ghillie suit tops and one of us had Sitka. But really, I think it was more just sit still and don't move until you're ready to pop them. I was able to keep my head down and face under my hood before going for the trigger.

If you don't have camo you can always throw burlap on yourself and some of the nearby weeds.