Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying boots from the USA

Buying boots from the USA

I am looking to buy some Zamberlan boots and cant find any in Canada. I am considering ordering Them from Zamberlan USA. Any idea what to expect for duties. They are made in italy. Corlanes sells them but dont have my size. Just the exchange places them at corlanes price so I am assuming they will be a couple hundred more than that landed!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Buying boots from the USA

MEC carries Zamberland.

I’ve got both my pairs in Canada. Toffane GTX from Mec and a pair of sella’s for winter from a small shoe shop in bc.
    they are here

great choice on boot, I’d never wear anything else. Welsh soles, hand made in Italy with luxury quality leathers.. insanely waterproof, comfortable for 20km hikes.. best boots around but you pay for it.

My buddy just got a pair. Ordered directly from Zamberlan, they shipped to Canada for free, but he did get dinged GST and PST at the post office. Try Promo code COURTESY10 if u end up ordering from Zamberlan, not much but will save u 10%. I ordered their Logger Pro GTX last week and it worked. I live right by the border, so I just get them shipped to a box in the states and didn’t get dinged at the border when I brought them back, so can’t help ya with what those costs are exactly.
    Last edited by Bullreaper; 08-30-2022 at 11:37 AM.

I have oredered salaweas thru trekkinn and they were shipped out of Europe and never got charged anything by customs. They deal in all kinds of boots including the zamberlan. Takes a few weeks to get here .

Thanks bullreaper. Its the wasatch 981 boots I am looking for. If I like those I will also look at the logger pro for work boots. Mec doesnt carry the model I want.

just remembner the standard sizing difference between US and CDN/UK
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Duty rate on boots that arent covered by a free trade agreement are 17.5%

Duty calculated first, and then taxed on top of the total price. Hope that helps.

Hanwag.com has alaskan100 gtx on sale for 275 canadian. Appears to be only size 11.5

I know it’s not the brand you’re after, but I recently ordered some Meindl’s from a Finnish distributor, paid $25 shipping and they were at my dorrstep in 4 business days. I got dinged for pst/gst but no duties.

by the way, the Meindl’s I ordered retail for $585+tax here in Canada and I paid $275 plus the $25 shipping and taxes, so $350 all-in. I would love to support local Canadian retailers but when I can buy he same item for half the price and have it arrive faster and cheaper than paying shipping from somewhere in Canada the whole idea of “shopping local” becomes a joke.

so all that to say, before ordering from the states have a look at some of the European distributors - there’s some great deals on boots out there. I ordered from Varuste.net and can vouch for them, but there’s plenty of other online retailers - I’m sure someone Carrie’s Zamberlan