Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Re: Boots

Kenetrek's have been great for my feet....they build their boots to the brannock scale too, reassuring for fit if you order online
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    If you go to VPO and like the Hanwags, phone Fisher's Hardware in Vernon and order them up. You'll save a bunch of money. They handle Meindls too, but not sure if there are any dealers in the Lower Wasteland to try on.
    Alpine Start Outfitters on West Broadway deal in Meindl Boots.

Hanwag Alaska's are solid boots when I have any amount of load in my pack. Fast and light I've been running Lowa Renegade Lo-tops.

Lowa boots.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

I have Lowa Tibet GTX and they leak (Purchased in 2017. Sprung a leak in 2020/21).

Has anyone moved on from Lowa to something else that comment on the sizing? Did you have to go up, down or stay the same size as with the lowas?

(Been thinking of ordering online)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I have Lowa Tibet GTX and they leak (Purchased in 2017. Sprung a leak in 2020/21).

Has anyone moved on from Lowa to something else that comment on the sizing? Did you have to go up, down or stay the same size as with the lowas?

Thanks!
    I'd love an answer on this too. My Tibet GTX fit great, but I'd like something softer for non-extreme hiking hunts.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Anyone want some hanwag tatra gtx boots,they are on sale at trueoutdoors in kamloops for 195 with free shipping.

I’m looking at buying my first pair of hunting boots, but it’s proving difficult with size 9.5 EEE feet..
    irish setter 9.5EE or 10/10.5 EE are not wide enough and anything they make in a 3E is on a year back order.
    Does anyone have experience with Hanwag Alaska gtx,Wide boots? Or any recommendations?
    with not a lot of local dealers stocking hunting boots in the first place. It’s really tough to find a wide boot.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

Thanks!
    I went through two pairs of Lowa's....the first pair the size of the toe box shrunk dramatically, Lowa said it was my fault, I must have exposed to direct heat and I didnt use their brand of leather products

So i ordered half size larger, and wide foot size, purchased lowa boot products to clean and waterpoof....same thing happened, and they leaked badly....Lowa said it's due to driving with boots on, direct heat being blown on them lol....and for leaking problem i need to file complaint with Goretex

I said **** that, never buy a lowa product again.....I purchased the same size in Kenetrek and they fit true to size, no shrinkage, and much more waterproof...the canadian distributor for Kenetrek is in PG, great people to talk to and visit, if you measure your foot on a brannock device, they can give you accurate sizing advice

another buddy went from lowa to hanwag, also much happier now, but no direct experience with hanwag myself

edit: to clarify on sizing, I felt lowa's fit good at first, but both pairs shrunk over time....the kenetreks fit true to size, and i likely didn't need to stay with half size larger/wide boot...once this pair of kenetreks wears out, i'll go back to regular size, half size smaller, probably not wide foot but will wait till i try them on to decide
    Last edited by BRvalley; 12-01-2022 at 11:56 AM.
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by ytlogger View Post
    I have Hanwag feet, but lots of good boots mentioned here. My advice; get out and try on as many as you can to find what feels good to you.
    I like this answer because I have meindl feet. They are the best for MY feet and have stood up well. I tried Kenetreks and they were as durable as the meindl's but just not quite the same fit. So try lots on and wear them inside for a bit and make sure the store will take them back if you are not happy. Hard to judge a boot after a few minutes in a store.
    "Bullshit doesn't need to be countered by anything, just called out for what it is." Edward Teach