Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boots

Re: Boots

Meindl feet here!! Everybodies feet are definitely different.
    I tried different brands that required a lot of break in and some blisters. I found that meindl's worked best for my feet. Minor break in and extremely comfortable for me, right out of the box.

Re: Boots

I've had my Irish Setters for 10 years. Lots of km's on them hiking around Kamloops in the fall to spring. No hard alpine hiking. I just rebuilt them again with shoe goo. Mink oil and shoe goo have kept them working the last few years despite a big hole that formed this fall on the side behind the big toe. They are still very comfortable. I went to the Big Boot Inn in Kamloops last week to look at new elk trackers and they had none from size 8 to 12. No idea when they might see the 10's I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Many good brands as mentioned. Finding the ones that fit your feet is key. But, keep in mind a decent boot is in the $500.00 - $750.00 range.
    The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money. Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles. But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. This was the Captain Samuel Vimes "Boots" theory of socioeconomic unfairness.