Thread: Yalokum access

Yalokum access

Does anyone know if the Yalokum is accessible? Alpine mule deer hunt coming up😁

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Yalokum access

Would like to know also as I was there many,many years ago . Drove in via FSR parked and hiked up above tree line .
    I have never been back but can’t remember how I got there road to trail .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I was up there last October and there were no blocks or any road issues. I know someone who went in and got a bear there this spring but not sure how far back the road he went

Most up to date I got, wish I could help more
    Last edited by TheObserver; 08-29-2022 at 01:57 PM.

I was up there in early Oct 2021. There was a road block about 35km up. I didn't feel up to justifying myself, so I turned around without speaking to the keepers. I understand they consider it a "wildlife information station" and don't necessarily prevent hunters from passing. I can't confirm that.

Last I heard is they just write down plate numbers.
    But you can still go in.

my dad use to hunt that area when i was a kid... he had a friend that had a trapline there

There was a little hippy colony set up along the road in. They had a roadblock and wanted to know your business. They wanted to see a license as well which I always denied, kindly asking to see their badge first.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    There was a little hippy colony set up along the road in. They had a roadblock and wanted to know your business. They wanted to see a license as well which I always denied, kindly asking to see their badge first.
    seems like a quick way to get some addresses of houses that are likely unattended. Not a chance I’d share that info.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Not a chance I’d share that info.

Agree, no one except CO/law enforcement will see any of my ID/licences

I've been driving in and out the past few weekends, the camp was unmanned each time, although I'm pretty sure I saw them cutting firewood later, they didn't bother me

previous years I didn't share any info, and they weren't overly intrusive, I'm sure they took down my plates.....but I would carry a saw, I found a tree that was suspiciously downed, and I hide my extra jerry cans in the bush when I park
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster