Thread: Sheep

Re: Sheep

Very cool !!!!!

how to move meat when you dont have your packs lol

the famous twister ram

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing them. I could stare at these types of pictures all day. Are these personal hunts you’ve been on or hunts you’ve guided?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine Hunter View Post
    Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing them. I could stare at these types of pictures all day. Are these personal hunts you’ve been on or hunts you’ve guided?
    I don't guide professionally i just like helping first time sheep hunters as well i have several seasoned sheep hunting buddies that i hunt with. Having said that most of my hunts are solo sheep hunts . i have my pilots license so i would either fly in then back pack or get dropped off by jet boat or pack in with my horses although i havent used horses for a few years mostly by plane. this year going in with a buddy sept 6 by plane and from the gravel bar its a full 2 day hike in to where we are going after some big sheep. we will split up for 3 or 4 days at a time then hook up again and do this over a period of a few weeks. Whether we connect or not its still a thrill for me to be in the mountains. and i have quite a high standard before i pull the trigger so more likely not if i get a ram but i will see plenty of legal rams where i go.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    I don't guide professionally i just like helping first time sheep hunters as well i have several seasoned sheep hunting buddies that i hunt with. Having said that most of my hunts are solo sheep hunts . i have my pilots license so i would either fly in then back pack or get dropped off by jet boat or pack in with my horses although i havent used horses for a few years mostly in by plane. this year going in with a buddy sept 6 by plane and from the gravel bar its a full 2 day hike in to where we are going after some big sheep. we will split up for 3 or 4 days at a time then hook up again and do this over a period of a few weeks. Whether we connect or not its still a thrill for me to be in the mountains. and i have quite a high standard before i pull the trigger so more likely not if i get a ram but i will see plenty of legal rams where i go.
    Man your speaking my language! I understand your apprehension in posting your personal pictures such as these so want to thank you again for doing so. They are unreal. Good luck on your upcoming hunt. If you ever have some spare time and feel inclined to tell a few stories about any of your pictures I (and I’m sure many of us) would love to hear them.

wow! inspiring, thanks for sharing all those. i am also heading out sept 6th and getting into sheep mtns, hopefully i can slip past the elk without getting called in. Its my achillees heel for sheep. You must have past up some nice elk/moose etc. to keep the focus on sheep in that country you are in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrax View Post
    wow! inspiring, thanks for sharing all those. i am also heading out sept 6th and getting into sheep mtns, hopefully i can slip past the elk without getting called in. Its my achillees heel for sheep. You must have past up some nice elk/moose etc. to keep the focus on sheep in that country you are in!
    ll\

lol never shoot moose or elk till heading out that keeps the focus on sheep. I tend not to shoot elk up in the mountains for elk i would hunt the peace river region.

Man your speaking my language! I understand your apprehension in posting your personal pictures such as these so want to thank you again for doing so. They are unreal. Good luck on your upcoming hunt. If you ever have some spare time and feel inclined to tell a few stories about any of your pictures I (and I’m sure many of us) would love to hear them.
    further it was getting long on the tooth to either post pics or shut the **** up as i was accused of being a poser. I hold no grudge against the several that would vent at me alls good and im sure they are not going to say that they got it wrong lol. I got thick skin

i may post stories when i return thanks have a good hunting season