Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Sheep

Re: Sheep

Is there anybody out there using other animals than horses? Pack goats? I don’t have room for either, but it’s come up on conversation more than once.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

some guys have used llamas and ofcourse dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Is there anybody out there using other animals than horses? Pack goats? I don’t have room for either, but it’s come up on conversation more than once.
    Last year was the first year I didn’t take a pack dog or two in many years. Made me realize how much I love their help and company. I’ll be bringing my younger dog this year, will be her 3rd sheep hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Last year was the first year I didn’t take a pack dog or two in many years. Made me realize how much I love their help and company. I’ll be bringing my younger dog this year, will be her 3rd sheep hunt.
    thats awesome

Does the dog stay with you all the time? Or do you leave him somewhere while you’re stalking or whatever
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Does the dog stay with you all the time? Or do you leave him somewhere while you’re stalking or whatever
    Both, I’ll sit/stay them if I’m belly crawling into a new area. The year I took my ram I was solo, I sat/saty’d my old dog with some water and leftover gear from my pack for a final stalk. Took my ram and did all the work, 4-5 hours later when I got back my dog was still layin in the same spot. If, there were fresh wolf sign or grizzly sign around, I’d probably not do that.

The training didn’t come easy though, a lot of time spent and stalking animals. My newer dog, is still in that learning but doing great.

Not my pic. Brother in law sent it to me this afternoon

And a few more.

good ram to study aging on right there

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    good ram to study aging on right there
    I am just learning to age sheep....is this a 7 year old?