Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Sheep

Re: Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    I am just learning to age sheep....is this a 7 year old?
    I’m going to guess 9 or 10. But as I understand from some of the threads on here, you’re only allowed to count the lines you can see, not what’s been beat off in which case it would be 7-8.

And that’s only a guess, because I dont have any experience. I live in Alberta and here they’re judged by curl for legality, not age. I’m hoping one of the experienced guys breaks it down for us.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

He’s not broomed enough to be 9-10. I count 7 rings starting at the first ring that’s 3” from the tip of the horn

Are we looking at a photo taken in early Spring or late Fall or somewhere in between?
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Honest question here. I would think the first ring from the broomed tip on that ram is the 2nd year anuli. If that's the case I think he's 8 at least possibly 9. The regs say at least 8 years based on rings as determined by the wildlife manager or his designate. Do you only count the first visible ring as the 1st year regardless of being broomed off? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dracb View Post
    Are we looking at a photo taken in early Spring or late Fall or somewhere in between?
    Yesterday…..
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

9yr old for me