Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep

Re: Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    The months are ticking away till sheep season. Started my exercise regime 2 mile walks with 20 pound pack for next 2 weeks then will add 10 pounds and on weekend hikes up the mountain. AS the weeks tick by ill add 10 pounds at a time and once a week in the boxing gym . 2 stone sheep hunts this year one to help my buddies 12 year old kid on his grand slam and a solo sheep hunt for myself. Both hunts in region 7. Ive hunted with the same rifle for 40 years a 7mm mag husquvarna with 162 gr rounds with a swarovski 3x9 scope. i have swarovski 10x42 binos but leaving them behind and using 10x42 Carson Binos(i really like them), Stone Glacier backpack , swarovski spotting scope . With food im around 56 pounds, boots are lowa tibets gtx(they are awesome) and sitka raingear. as well i never hunt without my walking poles.
    Are you 56lbs including the weight of your rifle and poles? I always include everything that’s being carried by me except for the clothes and boots I’m wearing. So everything in or strapped to pack, rifle, binos strapped to chest, poles in hand. That always puts me right around 68-70lbs for a full 14-15 days.

went out on my hike today getting into shape for my sheep hunt going to add a bike ride to my regime as well albeit im not a huge fan of biking lol.

Are you missing North Rolla

lol yes the peace country is always a magnet i was on the north side of the peace river always stopped in the massive town of rolla to buy something anything just thought it was the right thing to do. i get up there 2 times a year.

That’s cool .... done a lot of hunting there ... know of the Germans .. Alexander’s ... Arty .. lol
    and Marshall’s ... and Shiptons ( spelling ) down at the river ... spent time on the other side of the river .. hunting Wilson’s .. with permission .... I still have a lot of the permission tags given out to place on the dash of the truck ... really good times .... : )
    The elk in my avatar is from ... Landry
    Last edited by Ferenc; 04-03-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    That’s cool .... done a lot of hunting there ... know of the Germans .. Alexander’s ... Arty .. lol
    and Marshall’s ... and Shiptons ( spelling ) down at the river ... spent time on the other side of the river .. hunting Wilson’s .. with permission .... I still have a lot of the permission tags given out to place on the dash of the truck ... really good times .... : )
    The elk in my avatar is from ... Landry
    My ranch was on Galata creek road few miles up the road from where the bridge crosses the peace river had close to a 1000 acres no cows lol just horses

We would cross the bridge and take the right and camp down by the River in November ... but would go up your way past Nelson’s to the flats ... make the loop and come back down to the river .... I helped two older ladies with a horse trailer that had a flat ... in return they gave me permission to hunt their pasture ... took a nice Muley : )
    Beautiful country.

lol jerry and Ronnie nelson are good friends of mine they owned the flat down on the river they had a gravel pit at the time

Nice to find you on here SRH. My partner and I met you and 2 younger fellas on the hike in last year. Glad to hear you guys got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramhunter85 View Post
    Nice to find you on here SRH. My partner and I met you and 2 younger fellas on the hike in last year. Glad to hear you guys got one.
    Hi yes i do recall . We had a great trip ended up engaging with several rams. The bowhunter was the one who took the ram. I'm heading back in their solo this year same area but a few drainages further in.