Thread: Pioneer Expedition Diesel Heater: question?

Pioneer Expedition Diesel Heater: question?

We picked up a basically new one that has only been used once. Following all instructions and YouTube but can’t seem to get it to fire up. Only burns the primer fuel and then goes out.

Anybody have any experience with these that could help out? Heater is in Maple Ridge if anyone is local and can maybe spend a bit of time giving us a hand to get it going. Want to use it in October for our moose hunt.
    Looking to get some good, old-fashioned HBC help on this one!

ekul246

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pioneer Expedition Diesel Heater: question?

Had a bunch of help but still having problems with the stove. Scrambling now to get a wood burning stove. Located in Mission. If stove has one, PM me. We’re leaving this Saturday October 1st in the morning.

that's pretty disappointing, I was also interested in one of these diesel heaters...please share if you figure it out, good luck on finding a stove, cabelas usually has the camp chef wood stoves for about $300
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Had a bunch of help but still having problems with the stove. Scrambling now to get a wood burning stove. Located in Mission. If stove has one, PM me. We’re leaving this Saturday October 1st in the morning.
    Did you happen to get your stove working? We have a wood stove, but am thinking of maybe getting a diesel too.
    When in doubt, just pin it.