Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peace Region: 7-42

Re: Peace Region: 7-42

Out of curiosity as I don’t have the regulations in front of me is that GOS ? Antler size restrictions ? I know some fellas on here are very up on the B.C. Hunting regulations . Is there any GOS for moose in B.C. now ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

One thing else I've got to add is it can be a very sticky muddy quagmire you can get yourself into. Be prepared. If the oil companies operate around there like here, there is very little to zero road maintenance going on.

Is there any other info I should know about the region? Also if I go is it worth it to take the ATV on the trail to Redfern Lake to hunt in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Out of curiosity as I don’t have the regulations in front of me is that GOS ? Antler size restrictions ? I know some fellas on here are very up on the B.C. Hunting regulations . Is there any GOS for moose in B.C. now ?
    Arctic Lake
    2 two day openings with all the antler restrictions [spike, tri palm, 10 pt] is all that is left for GOS up there, a lot of people won't bother to travel that far for a two day opening....which was the govts idea of course.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    2 two day openings with all the antler restrictions [spike, tri palm, 10 pt] is all that is left for GOS up there, a lot of people won't bother to travel that far for a two day opening....which was the govts idea of course.
    Wrong. Better read the reg's...

I don't know how consistent this is with anyone else. But I used to hunt that area and It fell very quiet in recent years. I heard that there's a ton of wolves up there these days and they're taking a serious toll on the population. Last few times we took moose out of the area they walked in silent to our calls.

For elk, how far into region 7-42 do you need to go to have decent chances at getting a 6 point?
    Last edited by levind; 08-21-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Also is it worth it to buy a sheep and/or mountain goat tag for 7-42? Is it really hard to find them?
    If you are willing to give some info, please private message me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by levind; 08-21-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I would say no to goat (closed until way in there due to ease of access) and sheep is an adventure and commitment that you may not have time for if focusing on moose and elk…whitetail tag though as is any buck
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix View Post
    I would say no to goat (closed until way in there due to ease of access) and sheep is an adventure and commitment that you may not have time for if focusing on moose and elk…whitetail tag though as is any buck
    i tend to agree with thunderstix on this one.