Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: South thompson chinook

Re: South thompson chinook

Just wondering…how “ripe” are the fish by the time they hit Kamloops? Still good table fare?

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    Just wondering…how “ripe” are the fish by the time they hit Kamloops? Still good table fare?
    most of mine last year were still red.
    delicious imo

My son had 3 on lost them all yesterday he hit some big rainbows though all on roe.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    My son had 3 on lost them all yesterday he hit some big rainbows though all on roe.
    thats a good start by the sounds of it, tried from 5am-9am and didn’t even get a nibble so packed it in.
    maybe another week and there will be bigger numbers moving through or they will like my roe lol

just got home from checking out river water level,,,,was down there for 25 min just watching,,,,,,water is finally startin to come down,,,,,only seen 1 roll,,,,but they in there,,,just not large numbers yet,,,,think ill hit er up on Tuesday,,,,bring my gear with me next time
    Aim small,,miss small

Spent the morning floating soft beads and pro cure shrimp just below the chase bridge. Four pike minnow/squaw fish. Switched it up, setup a bar rig with spin n glow still nothing hahaha. Is there any place a guy can get fresh roe? I got some frozen from last season but it's out in langley. Nothing works quite as good. Switching to spinners haha I got to catch a doe to get some roe

Quote Originally Posted by fourbyfourtoy View Post
    Spent the morning floating soft beads and pro cure shrimp just below the chase bridge. Four pike minnow/squaw fish. Switched it up, setup a bar rig with spin n glow still nothing hahaha. Is there any place a guy can get fresh roe? I got some frozen from last season but it's out in langley. Nothing works quite as good. Switching to spinners haha I got to catch a doe to get some roe
    also keep an eye out around boat launches and places like that,,,sooo many people just clean their fish and not keep the roe
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    also keep an eye out around boat launches and places like that,,,sooo many people just clean their fish and not keep the roe
    must be those old fellows that swear by dodgers and orange FSTs lol

Quote Originally Posted by fourbyfourtoy View Post
    I can give you some.. enough for a trip out we will take the boat out later next week... shes already in the water.

Hey I may take you up on that pm sent.