Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South thompson chinook

Cool South thompson chinook

I'm heading out tomorrow for opening day. It's my first time fishing this river. Took a drive out to chase to scope it out. I think I'm going to start below the chase bridge looks like a good run to drift a soft bead. Any body got any pointers or tips I would sure appreciate it. I might bring my 12ft aluminum with a 55lb thrust electric and try trolling on the little shu. I'm under the impression the fishing picks up in September.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: South thompson chinook

Quote Originally Posted by fourbyfourtoy View Post
    I'm heading out tomorrow for opening day. It's my first time fishing this river. Took a drive out to chase to scope it out. I think I'm going to start below the chase bridge looks like a good run to drift a soft bead. Any body got any pointers or tips I would sure appreciate it. I might bring my 12ft aluminum with a 55lb thrust electric and try trolling on the little shu. I'm under the impression the fishing picks up in September.

Thanks
    best of luck out there, I am stoked to get out.. I think Friday will be my first day, too much going on this week with the honey do list..

how’s the water level up that way? Seemed really high a bit ago when I was in the area.

tight lines !

First week of september there will be lots of fish..

Typically onto other sports buy then.

There’s no opening according to the fishery notices???
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    There’s no opening according to the fishery notices???
    he’s talking chinook, not sockeye.. I believe they are open tomorrow, no?

https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/...gion3-eng.html

I don't know why this is here and not in a notice but I really think they could do a better job simplifying the fishing and hunting regs.

On another note does anyone fish the river? Doesn't seem like there is alot of access points.

Spent the morning fishing the outlet of little shuswap.
    Caught two squawfish/pike minnow type fish and one suckerfish. Had a good bite on a 10mm orange soft bead that's about it. Floated soft beads at varying depths. Perhaps it's a bit early yet? I did see a few rise.
    Might try the trolling on the lake on wednesday

Here is a heads up for anyone hoping to camp and fish on the South Thompson over the next few weeks. The old farm between Hoffmans bluff and the Pritchard bridge is closed off at the highway now with no access to camp at the beach area. The Pritchard bridge campground is already packed so you would have to be lucky to get a spot there. There is a campground on the reserve above banana island but I’m not sure about what space they have. Any way, just a heads up to save someone dragging a trailer here with no where to put it. Cheers

So who’s caught some chinook already!? Anyone?

Heard of a couple but not many up here yet.