Thread: Crying girl rec site 7-36

Crying girl rec site 7-36

Hey, been lurking this forum for years and found many of the users info very helpfull. With the new moose regulations I'm sure a lot of you are looking into new ground as I am. I was I hoping to get some insight into 7-36 around crying girl rec site.

Is the moose population okay?
    Is the Graham river cut across bridge still active?

I will have a quad l, but usually just for retrieval as I don't mind hiking.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crying girl rec site 7-36

Crying girl is a ways back, we personally seen more moose about halfway to crying girl (at the end of the farmers fields then the next 20kms) and a few days into Oct is when it really starts, back at crying girl we seen more elk sign... don't even remember the bridge as it was long ago...
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

We stayed there about 7 years ago. I believe when we were quading to Christina falls. We seen lots of moose towards the falls. The only problem is it was a nutttty mud bog for hours lol.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Crying girl is a ways back, we personally seen more moose about halfway to crying girl (at the end of the farmers fields then the next 20kms) and a few days into Oct is when it really starts, back at crying girl we seen more elk sign... don't even remember the bridge as it was long ago...
    Moose is closed Oct 1-15

You can’t cross the bridge with a quad. Gated, and I *think* a couple of center panels were pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    You can’t cross the bridge with a quad. Gated, and I *think* a couple of center panels were pulled.
    Are you talking across that bridge on the Graham cut across road? Do you know if the haystack is still open?

And sorry for all these questions but how long of a quad is Christina falls? I used to hunt 7-48 before the regulation changes so this is all new country.

Thanks again everyone, all info is appreciated.

The trip to the falls takes a full day. If it’s still like it used to be. And you need a good machine. Some of the mud ruts are over 100 feet long. And it’s not just one. You get out of one and have to go through another one. It’s a lot of fun. But. It’s hard on your bikes. Lol. I seen the biggest wolf tracks that’s I’ve ever seen on that road. The bridge just below the camp site was made so you can’t cross it. Big gates and a chunk of bridge gone. Fossil falls was cool also. That’s a easy one to get to. Lots of elk tracks all around the camp site. We stayed there 6 days. And 6 days on chowade river. All we seen was moose and a few whitetail. We almost sealed the deal on a monster. But it didn’t happen. Bring a fishing rod. There is great fishing in the gram. Basically every cast with a silver blue fox. I had a nice bow on and a monster bull trout. Ate it off my lure

And just before the turn off to the falls there was a ford bronco. We couldn’t figure out how it got there the road was soooooo f****d. They must have got it there in the winter when all the mud was frozen. But that must have been sooooo sketchy. Anyways if you go definitely plan to go to the falls there is a big burn half way to the falls that’s where we seen all the moose. We wanted to camp there but getting gear in would be brutal. Same with pulling a big bull out through all the mud pits. But we would have. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ctonwon View Post
    Are you talking across that bridge on the Graham cut across road? Do you know if the haystack is still open?

And sorry for all these questions but how long of a quad is Christina falls? I used to hunt 7-48 before the regulation changes so this is all new country.

Thanks again everyone, all info is appreciated.
    The haystack is open, but blocked with cement blocks so you can’t run anything heavier than a 1 ton across it. Can’t drag a trailer across it either. (The bridge welds are broken in the superstructure- needs full replacement).

Graham Cut across was pulled 4 years ago

Haystack has an actual load rating of 5000 lbs and is restricted to pick up traffic only. If you are a good driver, you may be able to get a truck and small utility trailer through the chicane.

The bridge across the Graham by Crying Girl is closed to all traffic.

Lots of logging going on through out that country right now.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!