Thread: Sheep shape hikes around Vernon.

Sheep shape hikes around Vernon.

Hey guys I am working in Vernon for the next couple of weeks. Just curious if there are any cool little trails that a guy could get to after work to stretch out the legs with some weight in the pack. Thanks
    Rather Be Huntin'

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sheep shape hikes around Vernon.

Depends on when your off work. Couple close by hikes that only take a few hrs. Some have more elevation then others.
    Enderby cliffs
    Camels hump
    Rimrock trail
    Elison park/Predator ridge
    Kal park
    If you have more time on the weekends could do twin lakes or spectrum lake.

Sheep season opened yesterday. It’s too late to get in shape.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Never to late to get in shape .... at least he will be in shape for next year lol....

Kal park is a good one with many options for starting points . It will probably be busy but still some nice hikes
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

Also this week there will be a break in the hot weather. However, next week it gets stinking hot, so if you are not used to that kind of heat; pace yourself accordingly.
    Last edited by britman101; 08-04-2022 at 11:15 AM.

There's a trailhead for the Okanagan High Rim Trail at Cosens Bay, Kal Lake. Goes all the way to Kelowna. The entry at both ends is quite steep with the remainder being moderate. I often catch it on the Oyama Lake FSR for a quick fall hunt, although I haven't been successful with a harvest hehe. You can get on it shortly after the turn off to Oyama Lake resort. Nice little stretch from the FSR to Hayhurst Lake. Roughly 1 km with decent elevation gain & you're shaded from the heat for pretty well all of it. There's a nice Rec Site at the lake just before the resort too.

Last edited by mike31154; 08-04-2022 at 11:31 PM.

If you have a day off while you're in the area, try Pinnacle/monnashee lakes East of Cherryville, it's absolutely spectacular country up there...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]