Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fish for sale Craigslist

Re: Fish for sale Craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Looks like shopping cart capilano coho are on sale again $15 lol..more keepers of the land, if you ve never seen this you should go take a look, its hilarious, the indians take shopping carts and ather debris and make fish traps in the shallows and then just net em up..

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...516275563.html
    As per FlyingHigh's suggestion, I made a screen shot of this ad and emailed it to the COS people. The way the DFO is dealing with the steelhead debacle causes me to think sending it their way would be a waste of time.

Beating a dead horse here

Case of beer per fish is really what they are asking for.. The DFO don't do anything and its F'N sad!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Case of beer per fish is really what they are asking for.. The DFO don't do anything and its F'N sad!
    Correct THUS the purchasers should stop then the sellers would have no reason to fish. But that won't happen. I recall a fellow I knew bitching that "Fraser river chicken" were $15. Bitched for weeks, still payed for poached fish!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    Flag the ad in Craigslist, screen shot it and send it to the CO's and DFO.
    Yup, if it's a First Nations member they're only allowed to harvest them for their and their families sustenance, not allowed to sell or barter..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Yup, if it's a First Nations member they're only allowed to harvest them for their and their families sustenance, not allowed to sell or barter..
    I believe there was a court case some years back where the FN's argued that "traditionally" they would trade fish to other communities and thus should be allowed to sell them. Guess how the judge ruled.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    I believe there was a court case some years back where the FN's argued that "traditionally" they would trade fish to other communities and thus should be allowed to sell them. Guess how the judge ruled.
    I think you are correct.
    It was a trading thing.
    They were trading a fish for a purple piece of paper with the #10 on them.
    I actually think it’s legal for Indians to sell fish now. “I think”
    At the price of food, a lot of people will buy Indian fish this year.

Well, they could always be paid to NOT sell fish for cash. They pay drug addicts disability amounts so they steal a little less to feed their habits so why not? People that have enough income to finance their lifestyle are far less likely to participate in illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack;[URL="tel:2352831"
    2352831[/URL]]Well, they could always be paid to NOT sell fish for cash. They pay drug addicts disability amounts so they steal a little less to feed their habits so why not? People that have enough income to finance their lifestyle are far less likely to participate in illegal activity.
    or they can get a regular job?
    theres no win in this, will just keep happening unless people stop buying them.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

If you're buying them from fn, then you are part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Just curious, is it a legal problem being in possesion of a bunch of these sockeye? Or is that overlooked as well?
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!