Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wall Tent Size & Manufacturers

Hybrid View

Wall Tent Size & Manufacturers

What’s your choice of wall tent size ? Any recommendations on manufacturers ? We are a family of 5. Thinking of a 14x16 with a 10’ porch. I have been looking at Deluxe and Northwest tents. I see there is also Polar on the island.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wall Tent Size & Manufacturers

We camped a family of 5 in a 12x14 with a 5foot porch, used two sets of bunk cots and made plenty of room. If I were to but the tent again I would probably have opted for a bigger porch. The bunk cots are great also I bought organizers that hang from the tent frame, they have a dozen pockets in them great for storing all the little things . Bought mine from northwest shelters in surrey. They have changed Thier name but we're really good people to deal with.
    It aint easy being green

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

We have tents from all three of the manf mentioned above All three are great tents. A 14x16 should be plenty of room for 5 with a stove and gear. Good call on the porch! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Fellas in the know ! What about a floor and roof fly ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Arctic Lake
    The wall tent I had did not have a floor. I actually prefered this.

I tarped mine before every use.

Fwiw, I had a 10x12 with 5' porch and its the perfect size for 2 cots/stove/gear.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Arctic Lake
    All the tents I have come with a fly, I dont use a wall tent without one! A floor is very nice, but extra weight. I use indoor outdoor carpet with one, and a RV mat with the other. The 14x16 has a velcro in floor! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

My only experience is with deluxe and they are great quality. I don't use a floor so I can walk in without taking my boots off. Use a mat by each cot for getting dressed.

Canvas loses it waterproofing and has to be renewed .Not having anywhere to put it up at our place, I just used a large Princess Auto sliver tarp as a fly . A piece of indoor/outdoor carpet for under the cots made a nice floor. I had a tarp under it. I had a 12x14, it was comfortably roomy for three cots , table, and stove. I made a pole kit for it, as they were very pricey when bought my tent. I added a patio with KMS pole connectors and another PA silver tarp. Those PA silver tarps are well worth it. For stakes I used 12" galvanized spikes . They needed collars . I made mine out of 1/4" PVC from work. It didn't happen all at once, rather as needed.

we prefer no floor, can walk in with muddy boots no big deal. a small piece of artificial turf under each cot works well.

Woods Prospector 10x12x3, cooking and fire pit outside with a tarp

we used to be able to leave poles at a camp site and expect them to still be there the next year
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC