Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wall Tent Size & Manufacturers

Re: Wall Tent Size & Manufacturers

We have a 14x16 Northwest with the 5 foot porch. It's plenty big for 3 adults with cots along with a stove and table inside for hunting season. I too have bunk bed cots the kids sleep in and this saves a lot of room but admittedly, the kids were with us in the summer when we had no need to set up the stove. 5 adults I'm sure is possible with a 14x16 with the stove set up. Just might need to give up the table and rely on it being outside.

We have the velcro in floor and it's real nice. We kick our boots off under the porch and wear slides inside the wall tent and put down a couple carpets to make it warmer on the feet when you get up at -15C in the morning. Added benefit from the velco floor is it's kept the mice out at night. You can hear them scurrying along the sides at night trying to figure out a way to get in but they give up.

Heat from the stove one year melted a hole underneath the stove for the velcro in floor so that's a bit of a pain and now we toss a welders blanket below the stove as well as have them draped from the frames to reflect heat away from the canvas.

Good luck! Only downside to a wall tent is it's half a day to set up and half a day to take down, and you have to make sure it's dry dry dry before you store it away.

12x14 is the unicorn size. As others have stated that it will accommodate four with the use of bunks, but it’s small enough that one person can set it up and take it down by themselves without too much difficulty.

Anybody have one in good condition hanging around that they want to sell? Going to post an ad as well. Ideally 14x16 with a porch.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Thank You for the replies concerning floor and fly !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Anybody have one in good condition hanging around that they want to sell? Going to post an ad as well. Ideally 14x16 with a porch.
    I have a 12x14 deluxe 'deluxe model' with 5 foot porch, frame, floor and fly tarps that I'd consider selling. Used for 2 light trips, in good as new condition. Reason I'd consider selling is I bought the exact same tent in a 8x10.

Pm me if your interested or have questions.