Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B.C. government has banned the hunting of black bears

Re: B.C. government has banned the hunting of black bears

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    They are not a species they are a genetic defect. Joyce Hornady of Hornady Bullets tried to get then recognized as a separate bear species in the 40s or 50s I think and failed. No hunting of black bears will soon be province wide. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think so.
    Correct, they should be weeding the genetics out of the line before the white gene takes over and there are no more black bears. Imagine a world where most of our bears are white.

genetic? yes
    defect? no more than blonde, cinnamon, or chocolate

interesting many bears are born non-black but revert to black as they mature, including whites
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

White only belongs on POLAR Bears ! RJ

It's likely the shutting down of the Grizzly hunt will do more "harm" to the white black bears out there than this latest ban.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    It's likely the shutting down of the Grizzly hunt will do more "harm" to the white black bears out there than this latest ban.
    If there are grizzly's there, that will certainly be the case. Probably some huge Grizz walking around there in four or five years. Maybe they'll reinstitute the Grizzly hunt for that area. You know. To save the White Bear and raise money for its habitat.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    they should be weeding the genetics out of the line before the white gene takes over and there are no more black bears. Imagine a world where most of our bears are white.
    Not really a chance that one specific colour phase will take over completely. If that was how genetics worked we wouldn't have people with blue eyes anymore.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

Funny we took the kids to the Calgary Zoo this year, my daughter wanted to compare the sizes of wolves in captivity with ones we have harvested in the wild. Could not help but notice the blonde colorphase "spirit" bear wandering around her cage looking "really" happy. How the hell can FN be fine with that but want to ban reductions in bear populations?
    Seriously she looked pitiful in there
    Links

ps wolf report, daughter could not believe how skinny and docile the captive wolves were vs wild, i don't think we will ever go back
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Funny we took the kids to the Calgary Zoo this year, my daughter wanted to compare the sizes of wolves in captivity with ones we have harvested in the wild. Could not help but notice the blonde colorphase "spirit" bear wandering around her cage looking "really" happy. How the hell can FN be fine with that but want to ban reductions in bear populations?
    Links

ps wolf report, daughter could not believe how skinny and docile the captive wolves were vs wild, i don't think we will ever go back
    Are you sure the FNs are fine with it? I don't think they've had much say on what kind of animals are kept in zoo's but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    They are not a species they are a genetic defect. Joyce Hornady of Hornady Bullets tried to get then recognized as a separate bear species in the 40s or 50s I think and failed. No hunting of black bears will soon be province wide. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think so.
    It will not be province wide. No need to catastrophize the situation to something it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Links

It's important ppl living in a city have interactions with animals. Captive or not.

Ppl will always have something to complain about.