Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Authorization to carry success?

Re: Authorization to carry success?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie O View Post
    Upon carefull reading of the above act it would appear that the law only applies to people that have an rpal. Are we not surprised that these laws dont apply to criminals. If you want to carry the first thing to do is give up your rpal.
    Yeah, it’s pretty absurd. You are only guilty IF you posses a licence or authorization?

The next one I find interesting is you are also guilty if you are the passenger in a vehicle where the driver has a restricted/prohib where it isn’t supposed to be. I’m sure that’s aimed directly at poverty stricken gang members in a car with only one gun between them.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Yeah, it’s pretty absurd. You are only guilty IF you posses a licence or authorization?

The next one I find interesting is you are also guilty if you are the passenger in a vehicle where the driver has a restricted/prohib where it isn’t supposed to be. I’m sure that’s aimed directly at poverty stricken gang members in a car with only one gun between them.
    That would be profiling wouldn't it? I'd sure be pissed if we got charged for something like that and didn't have any idea there was a handgun in the vehicle.

Arrow Re: Authorization to carry success?

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I find it weird that they cancelled yours or said they wouldn’t issue again do to living in the south.
    Happened when I went to renew it.
    RCMP Sargent I discussed the matter with simply stated "You biologist types are being herded out of that. Don't expect you will ever see one again".
    And I haven't.

At the same time they were indeed well cutting back on the numbers of atc's being issued.
    Among my colleagues, many who still work in the North, most were refused and told to carry a short shotgun.
    Do-able, but bothersome. When both hands are busy, the scattergun tends to be set aside.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Myself and a friend had an ATC for approx 10 years associated with having a Free Miners Certificate. ( last held one approx 10 years ago). I'd have to rummage through my records for exact dates.

The qualification shoot came into place during this time interval. As mentioned previously, straightforward to meet the criteria.

These things were issued /or not at the discretion/whim of the Chief Firearms Officer, so not sure of the current status.

I did help a local trapper jump through the hoops for his ATC.
    Last edited by wsquared; 07-24-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I’ve had my atc for seven years now. For me there has always been a questionnaire to fill out and paperwork for the one or two guns I want on my atc and then a proficiency test for both pistols. The proficiency test is quite the joke. It’s so extremely easy My non shooter of a wife could pass it.
    can a forestry worker in BC apply for it? i walked into a grizzly kill on july25th and it got me thinking about it. I spend alot of time in remote camps in wall tents and walking in the bush

Quote Originally Posted by Jrax View Post
    can a forestry worker in BC apply for it? i walked into a grizzly kill on july25th and it got me thinking about it. I spend alot of time in remote camps in wall tents and walking in the bush
    yes sir. I’m in forestry. I buy logs and do heli logging and I didn’t have a problem getting it. You have to have your supervisor sign off on it however.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Same as Brew, I didn’t have any problem at all either. I think I did a phone interview though and the guy asked why I couldn’t carry a short shotgun. “Well, I had 4 tubes of ribbon and 3 litres of water in my vest that kept me from reaching the shotgun I was carrying strapped over my shoulder, hanging onto alders with both hands and fighting to get my foot on the ground when I stepped in a grizzly kill. If he’d made contact my only hope would have been a pistol in one hand”

Paint the picture on your application and you’ll have better luck. It’s pretty easy for someone to say “a shotgun will be more effective” when they are picturing you strolling through a fir stand with 90 meters of vis, versus telling you that if they are picturing you under a bear upside down in a 80% sidewalled creek draw and caught in alders and club with the bear chewing your hand as you fight to use the other to pull a psitol from the wrong side of your body and it’s your only chance to not be a statistic.