Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Authorization to carry success?

Authorization to carry success?

Just curious if there are any hunters in the group that have been successful in receiving an ATC for remote area hunting? I read the RCMP websites which states you can apply for an ATC for defense against dangerous wildlife just curious if anyone outside of guides and people working in the bush have received one?
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Authorization to carry success?

I only know one guy that has one of those.
    I saw him at the range doing his yearly qualifying shooting

He’s a pipeline surveyor, in and out of helicopters all the time

I have my work atc. I can try calling and see if they would issue me a permit for my northern hunt this year. I would suspect it would be easier for someone to get a permit for their hunting trip if they already have a work atc.
    in all honesty the paperwork and proficiency test along with how slow they are at sending out the permits it’s not worth the hassle. Every two years I dread renewing my permit. My last renewal took them 4 months to approve.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I had an ATC for 5 years. They will not grant an ATC unless it is used in employment. I assure you they will not issue one for a recreational purpose.

Arrow Re: Authorization to carry success?

Quote Originally Posted by tyyota View Post
    I had an ATC for 5 years. They will not grant an ATC unless it is used in employment. I assure you they will not issue one for a recreational purpose.
    This.

As a field biologist working in the Arctic, I had a carry permit for many many years.
    It covered the NWT, Yukon, BC, Alberta & Saskatchewan.
    Pretty much anywhere, any time.

When we moved south I was informed I would never be issued one again, even if working in grizzly habitat.
    Fought that. Lost.
    Most bio's I know have had their permits revoked or have been refused re-issue.

No way in hell they will allow on for personal defense when hunting. Ever.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Thanks for the info, wasn’t any small print on the website so I thought I would ask the question.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Had one for flying, carried a .44 mag. New some guys with ones for trapping they only could carry a .22

The big question from the RCMP was why can’t you carry a long gun.

Get a 44 mag mares leg they are not restricted.
    "You have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable." -Remi Warren

BCWF, WSSBC

An old RCMP member once told me something about being judged by 12 than be carried by 6. Shrug.
    I never break any laws myself.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I had one for work and the farm. It was good for ab/bc. I found that it was a pita to have because if I was on my quad it was supposed to be stored in accordance as a motor vehicle. I also didn't like something that I might have to rely on being exposed to the blood, the mud and the piss and the shit when I would've rather carried it in a shoulder holster. Personally I would recommend the proper protocol of being judged by 12 then carried by 6 and do things accordingly.

One thing I don't understand is a trapper can discharge his restricted pistol for dispatch but i/we can't on my private farm land.