Thread: Bison Resources

Bison Resources

Hello Everyone,

Planning ahead for 2023, I really want to go for my first ever Bison hunt. Could someone give some recommendations as to which areas in BC I should be looking at? Also, any resources (books, etc) you can recommend on the topic?

Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bison Resources

The only area open for bison hunting in BC is the area around 7-42, 7-57/58. Have a quick look at the regs. Of this area, the vast majority of the bison hang around in the LEH only zone.

Youre best odds of getting a bison are to get an LEH draw and hunt in the core area where the bison hang out.

The areas north and south of the LEH draw area are GOS as of last year but I hear are pretty difficult areas with low bison populations. Ive heard of some folks spending close to a week in these GOS areas without spotting a bison

Sadly... that matches the rudimentary research I have done outside of HBC. The consensus seems to be "Go LEH, meaning you are bound to 7-42 C/D"

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

"A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

What's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post