Thread: Moose 8-06 LEH

Moose 8-06 LEH

Hey all,

I got lucky and drew my first big game LEH tag this year - Bull Moose 8-06 November.
    Pretty excited to get out there and hopefully have some things go the right way and end up with a bull.

My plan is to obviously get some early scouting in. Come the fall, I will be making hunting trips for mulie's in the area with a focus on keeping an eye for moose sign (or an actual moose!).
    I was up in Penticton two weekends ago and took the Princeton Summerland road back home (LML) and made a stop in Bankier and headed up into the hills a little way. Did some walking around near the top of the first hills. Seemed kind of moosey I guess? it was about midday so nothing was moving around but saw tracks here and there.

First question is, would this be the right elevation come November? Seemed to be a few hills that crested higher up in the distance but overall, did not seem to get too much higher at first glance when walking around up there.
    Second question is, any locals in around Bankier/Osprey lake care to share what the snow is like (generally) in November?

I will be checking out the Summers Creek area as well as I have been in there hunting for Mulie's prior, but for now, I think my efforts will be focused on the east side of this MU.

Thoughts, suggestions are always welcome. If I get one, I hope to do some sort of write up as I really appreciate those as a newbie hunter!

Happy hunting

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose 8-06 LEH

I personally would focus on the North part of the mu. Lots of swamps around. Always see moose along the highway in that area

Re: Moose 8-06 LEH

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I personally would focus on the North part of the mu. Lots of swamps around. Always see moose along the highway in that area
    Hmm, thanks for the tip! I was hoping I would be able to find some swampy areas out on the east side. Might have to make a day or two trip driving all the backroads from south to east to north to west.
    Seems doable as long as the road conditions have held up.