Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Charming Pups... Lab Cross (they may hunt...)

Couple of Charming Pups... Lab Cross (they may hunt...)

One of my neighbours has 2 males remaining from their litter of 11. More pups than they were expecting.

Not pure bred hunting dogs, but a really interesting cross.

Mom: Sheepdog/Great Dane x Cane Corso
    Dad: Pure bred American Labrador

Both parents have excellent temperament and are great with children. They will obviously be rather large.

Asking price is $1250

Could be the perfect pet that can do some light hunting if the retriever genes show through. Certainly will keep your camp safe from unwanted visitors.

https://i.postimg.cc/SKhwVQ5K/IMG-79371.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/x1HwKN67/IMG-80991.jpg
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Couple of Charming Pups... Lab Cross (they may hunt...)

I hope this breeding was not on purpose.

As to the price …. IMHO….. $1250 for a “mutt”?? If you are looking for a dog to do some hunting with, your money would be better spent putting it toward a breeding with the proven hunting performance for the fowl or game you want to hunt.
    Last edited by Dakota Creek; 07-14-2022 at 03:58 PM.
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Hmm, smart looking little dudes. Will make fine pets. As far as price, sell them for what the market demands, you can always come down! As for pedigree, they are pets, and people will pay for healthy well orientated socialized puppies. Didn't read that they were trying to pawn these puppies off as pure breds. All you dog folks need to chill out, IMHO!! Mutts are people ...............................ummm, dogs too!! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Creek View Post
    I hope this breeding was not on purpose.

As to the price …. IMHO….. $1250 for a “mutt”?? If you are looking for a dog to do some hunting with, your money would be better spent putting it toward a breeding with the proven hunting performance for the fowl or game you want to hunt.
    Yes, it was on purpose. I don't judge people for their decisions... I am just helping the neighbour find these 2 pups a loving home. (and possible someone here that doesn't want a performance bred hunting dog )

$1250 'asking' is actually pretty reasonable, which you should know barely covers your vet bills and raising them to 10 weeks...

They are being presented as pets... not pure bred hunters... Plenty of folks prefer a companion animal with diverse genetics.

Personally, yes I would spend my own money on a performance breeding (which I did). But, I would not presume that everyone has my values.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    $1250 'asking' is actually pretty reasonable, which you should know barely covers your vet bills and raising them to 10 weeks....
    I realize that many will disagree …..Have you bred and costed out a litter? We have. Out on a limb here …. Does the breeder own both the sire and dam? If so … no stud fee. With the breeds involved in this breeding….. most likely no health clearances as what would you test for? So you are likely looking at a vet check, first shots and a bag or two of puppy food for the puppies to be weaned onto and fed until they head to their new homes. At $1250 a puppy, in my eyes they are pocketing a lot of that money vs putting it into the cost of raising that litter.

IMO if anyone is going to invest the money, the time and the heartstrings (both yours and the family’s) into a puppy, would you not want to get the healthiest pup you could, with known genetics for temperament and long term health vs someone trying to come out with the newest / most unique “hybrid” to cash in?
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

$1,250....I remember when a person used to be able to buy a mixed breed dog for less than a thousand dollars.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

How about you go start a thread of your own about your pups and your costs and your certifications etc...?

If someone doesn't think a PET/COMPANION is worth the 'ASKING' price I mentioned above, then they can offer less! Imagine that?

Given they are the last 2 of a large litter, she may be willing to accommodate someone on a more limited budget. I do know the first 9 went without anyone haggling over the smallest part of the total cost of ownership of a dog.

I started this thread to help a neighbour, not get into a pissing match about the merits of pure bred vs mutts and the costs of raising a litter.

They are lovely pups, they have their health papers, the parents are lovely, so can we just leave it at that?

Or do you really feel the need to get in the last word on the matter?

(and thank goodness I still have the idiot from the island on ignore, so I do not have to see what idiocy it may have penned... please do NOT quote them!)

bump up...

1 pup left....

PM me for contact info...

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    $1,250....I remember when a person used to be able to buy a mixed breed dog for less than a thousand dollars.
    Theres lots at the SPCA for alot cheaper then that, and that is the only place you should be able to buy them. This is a breeding for money and gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

That’s almost $14,000 for the 11 pups. Not a bad haul if they all go for asking. I got a pure bred West Siberian Laika from the guy who originally brought the breed to North America. He charged $500 (shots and papers included) and he took it to the airport and arranged the shipping, which I paid for. I went pure bred and got exactly what the breed is known for. Just saying that it’s a lot of money for unknown qualities.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet