Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting in Jasper...

Re: Hunting in Jasper...

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmm next they will demand a traditional penguin polar bear hunt in the Stanley park zoo.
    these are NOT traditional free ranging wild animals..they are habituized to close human contact in a national park.
    hmm have them WALK there in bare feet..traditional footwear and transportation no OPTICS..no rifles..traditional home made bow and arrow...no flashlights..birchbark torches..knives no steel..hand made flint/obsidien...loin cloths no KUIU..no 4x4 no vehicles...
    traditional.
    any spoilage or wanton waste WILL be prosecuted.
    i dont think it should happen professional beggars..
    but the spineless cowards in govt if allowing traditional..use traditional.
    no trophies either..not the biggest..only representational of adult animal..
    TAXPAYERS built and funded the park..area..infrastructure..the animals their health..numbers..using modern tech but whining about traditional..our money..our park our rules
    disgusting and dispicable
    other than that no opinion..they nor govt listens to another taxpayer.
    s
    I'd support the polar bear hunt [do the bears a favour] and re-instatement of the grizzly bear and spirit bear hunts too!

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    lol...ya you and my wife agree grumpy old fart..
    cheers
    grumpy
    We should start a special club. Only approved individuals that meet certain parameters/restrictions will be allowed. We can talk about this more later, I have go and take my hypertension medication.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Absolutely, or if you wish member of a Nation. Which means all those considered 'as status under the Indian Act' whether they are of mixed ancestry or not. Certainly you are aware that prior to 1982 any non native woman that married a status native was entered into the rolls as a 'status indian'? And if she had kids when the married those kids are also now registered....and not a drop of the blood most people believe is required.

So technically those privileges aren't only available to people of a certain race, but to members of certain Nations.
    Race, creed, nation, call it what you want!

I don’t care about the nuances of how people got into the club, I care about why it has been allowed to continue on as long as it has and about ending it.
    The entitlement that our court systems have emboldened is a way of thinking that needs to be eliminated from our collective society.
    Nowhere else would we accept one set of rules for me and my kind, and another for them.
    Last edited by Livewire322; 07-14-2022 at 03:38 PM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Thumbs down Re: Hunting in Jasper...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie O View Post
    This actually happened about 5 years ago. The reason stated by the first nation at the time was to keep their traditional rights active for furure generations.
    And they subsequently killed a handful of habituated, trophy sized park animals. All in the name of revisiting their "traditional rights". Utter BS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Race, creed, nation, call it what you want!

I don’t care about the nuances of how people got into the club, I care about why it has been allowed to continue on as long as it has and about ending it.
    The entitlement that our court systems have emboldened is a way of thinking that needs to be eliminated from our collective society.
    Nowhere else would we accept one set of rules for me and my kind, and another for them.
    I hear what you're saying, it's allowed because it's entrenched in the supreme laws of this country and has been going back to the Royal Proclamation of 1763. As for one set of rules [laws or legislation] there are different rules for the us and them, it just depends on which us and them we want to study upon. Just look at what happened with the tax evasion discovered in the Panama papers, Canadian citizens were exposed and do you think they faced the same legal repercussions we would have if caught deliberately evading paying income taxes? Or how about 'income sprinkling', the little tax loophole that allows corporate earnings to be siphoned off, tax free, to family members. Or the trust fund kids [like Trudeau] that have been collecting $40K a year in dividends, tax free, while the rest of us stiffs pay income tax? Or look at Tamara, in jail for mischief and breaking her bail conditions while some shyt rats in our communities have broken bail conditions, and worse, and are still out on our streets?

So ya, in this country there are a lot of different sets of rules for us, and for them. I don't see any government on the horizon that has the stones to change any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I hear what you're saying, it's allowed because it's entrenched in the supreme laws of this country and has been going back to the Royal Proclamation of 1763. As for one set of rules [laws or legislation] there are different rules for the us and them, it just depends on which us and them we want to study upon. Just look at what happened with the tax evasion discovered in the Panama papers, Canadian citizens were exposed and do you think they faced the same legal repercussions we would have if caught deliberately evading paying income taxes? Or how about 'income sprinkling', the little tax loophole that allows corporate earnings to be siphoned off, tax free, to family members. Or the trust fund kids [like Trudeau] that have been collecting $40K a year in dividends, tax free, while the rest of us stiffs pay income tax? Or look at Tamara, in jail for mischief and breaking her bail conditions while some shyt rats in our communities have broken bail conditions, and worse, and are still out on our streets?

So ya, in this country there are a lot of different sets of rules for us, and for them. I don't see any government on the horizon that has the stones to change any of them.
    I’ll lower my hackles. Agreed, there’s a lot of bullshit going on these days (and always) - doesn’t mean we have to accept it as the norm.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."