Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting in Jasper...

Re: Hunting in Jasper...

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    I agree....nothing surprises me these days.Certainly it makes me shake my head...but it reflects on FN level of entitlement...
    Entitlement? It's a actually a Right. I really don't see any need for them to exercise those rights inside of a national park other than 'if you don't exercise a right you lose it'.

This actually happened about 5 years ago. The reason stated by the first nation at the time was to keep their traditional rights active for furure generations.

Well this is no big surprise really. I have assumed this would be going on for some time now. If you were paying attention when they created the new "National Parks" in the north, the local First Nations/Inuit still were able to exercise their traditional rights to hunt/trap/fish in the those parks. First Nations have been going into other National Parks and killing game for some time, like Riding Mountain National Park in Manitoba, etc. You had to know it would expand as if some are allowed, why aren't all of them allowed some access to hunt/trap/fish on all the other National Parks that are in First Nations "Traditional" hunting areas...which is all National Parks.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Link to the story?

When did this hunt happen?

Is this the story?
    From 2017.

First Nation traditional hunters harvest 6 animals in Jasper National Park | CBC News

I don't think the hunt has been allowed to happen again due to public pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Nothing is fair in this world, our life is what we make it, being born into an elite class of people in Canada is a great privilege, following science I don't think that tiny harvest will hurt the game numbers in the Park so other than enflaming racist sentiments there isn't much point to this thread.
    Racist? As in a system and legislation which allows people of a certain race privileges that are denied to others not belonging to that race?
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

hmmm next they will demand a traditional penguin polar bear hunt in the Stanley park zoo.
    these are NOT traditional free ranging wild animals..they are habituized to close human contact in a national park.
    hmm have them WALK there in bare feet..traditional footwear and transportation no OPTICS..no rifles..traditional home made bow and arrow...no flashlights..birchbark torches..knives no steel..hand made flint/obsidien...loin cloths no KUIU..no 4x4 no vehicles...
    traditional.
    any spoilage or wanton waste WILL be prosecuted.
    i dont think it should happen professional beggars..
    but the spineless cowards in govt if allowing traditional..use traditional.
    no trophies either..not the biggest..only representational of adult animal..
    TAXPAYERS built and funded the park..area..infrastructure..the animals their health..numbers..using modern tech but whining about traditional..our money..our park our rules
    disgusting and dispicable
    other than that no opinion..they nor govt listens to another taxpayer.
    s

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmm next they will demand a traditional penguin polar bear hunt in the Stanley park zoo.
    these are NOT traditional free ranging wild animals..they are habituized to close human contact in a national park.
    hmm have them WALK there in bare feet..traditional footwear and transportation no OPTICS..no rifles..traditional home made bow and arrow...no flashlights..birchbark torches..knives no steel..hand made flint/obsidien...loin cloths no KUIU..no 4x4 no vehicles...
    traditional.
    any spoilage or wanton waste WILL be prosecuted.
    i dont think it should happen professional beggars..
    but the spineless cowards in govt if allowing traditional..use traditional.
    no trophies either..not the biggest..only representational of adult animal..
    TAXPAYERS built and funded the park..area..infrastructure..the animals their health..numbers..using modern tech but whining about traditional..our money..our park our rules
    disgusting and dispicable
    other than that no opinion..they nor govt listens to another taxpayer.
    s
    You have my vote for grumpiest old man on HBC.
    For your own health, I hope you will relax off the madness.

Let them hunt in Jasper, without any limitations.
    That will wake up the Woke more than anything you propose.

lol...ya you and my wife agree grumpy old fart..
    cheers
    grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Racist? As in a system and legislation which allows people of a certain race privileges that are denied to others not belonging to that race?
    Absolutely, or if you wish member of a Nation. Which means all those considered 'as status under the Indian Act' whether they are of mixed ancestry or not. Certainly you are aware that prior to 1982 any non native woman that married a status native was entered into the rolls as a 'status indian'? And if she had kids when the married those kids are also now registered....and not a drop of the blood most people believe is required.

So technically those privileges aren't only available to people of a certain race, but to members of certain Nations.