Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser river sockeye

Re: Fraser river sockeye

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Agree, from the sockeye point of view, conditions do sound good for their survival, which is a good thing.
    Water has been higher so it could present some issues.
    Gill rd can get really busy.
    But I had a good time amongst the group of people I was surrounded by 4 years ago.
    It can be really testy an unpleasant butt last time it was a lot of fun.
    100%.
    It was my second (but really my first) sockeye season ever. I was also at Gill Rd all the time at the last opening and found everyone to be very cordial and patient even when it took the new guys A LONG TIME to figure out the system and fish like everyone else. I had expected guys to be testy and belligerent because that is what I had heard it was like. But I found the opposite to be true. Being there so much also meant we recognized each other and got to know each other a bit and so we shifted and made room for guys to come and fish alongside the rest of us.

Its been slow so far from the information that I can find, I am thinking its gonna be late like mid August when we start to see the big numbers of fish coming, I am excited for an opening, but if it doesnt I will get over it fast

yeah,,,im keeping my fingers crossed for another opening up here on the South Thompson,,,,,,,2018 was a really good year with a 2/day retention,,with a last minute opening for Aug.22nd,,,,,,,and 2014 was a kickazz year with a start of 2/day retention,,then DFO last minute upped it to a 4/day retention,,,,im not expecting to hear anything for an opening up here till aprox 1st--2nd week of Aug.
    Aim small,,miss small

Arrow Re: Fraser river sockeye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Thanks Nog…..

Did anybody digest that they expect 93% of the Early Stuart fish won’t make it to the spawning grounds. They are already holding in back channels and creek mouths.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Increased water temperature due to the heat wave this week will also have a negative effect on any salmon coming up the Fraser. I can't see there being any openings this year.

looks good for an opening, numbers are starting to come, fish are making it past big bar

been talking too 6 other people from accross BC,,,,,,Kitimat-----Lower mainland,,,,,they all said same thing,,,,,,runs just coming in ,,,,,man O man,,,fingers crossed,,,,hoping south thompson gets a chance this year,,,,,,4 years a long time to wait for a chance of the freezer filling
    Aim small,,miss small

https://content.jwplatform.com/previews/iXWa0no2 looks like these guys are in midseason form
    It aint easy being green