Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser river sockeye

Re: Fraser river sockeye

Sounds like when buddy threw rocks he put a quarter in the juke box, time to dance to the song lol.

Anyway still crossing my fingers for a Sockeye opening.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    There has been zero issues with jet boating the last three weeks on the Vedder. Water levels have been up as well as the Fraser has backed up the lower end. All parties have been respectful except for the angler who allegedly threw the rock.

What would you do if someone threw a rock at your boat or car?
    I would be less worried about a rock hitting a river boat than a windshield or person

I saw on a fishing site, a keen eyed observer noticed no registration numbers can be seen on the boat. To be legal to use on BC waterways a jet boat like that has to be properly registered and licensed. Where are those markings on this boat? If it were me, I would be retaining a lawyer before I call the RCMP to explain my side of the story. A case number has been started on this incident so if somebody spills the beans on the boat owner the cops can show up anytime to arrest them and take them to the local cop shop.

Most guys who can run a boat like that on a week day probably have a lot of money and balls. A rock is a weapon more so than a fist. Awe i miss the cram packed fraser valley.

Petros65 Guest

Anyone who has ever fished from the bank is well aware of the boatholes that have no consideration for fishermen. They zoom up and down creating huge wakes (often unnecessarily close) and are just generally being boatholes. Not every boat owner ---- but there are enough of them.

If the guy threw a stone then he was wrong. There is video evidence of the assault. There is no video evidence of any stones being thrown.

The operator of the boat (he is no captain - in any sense of the word), needs a refresh on operating the boat. Since when does anyone slam a boat into reverse without warning? Throwing your passengers around like that. Then, how tough do you have to be to have 3 guys attack one guy, and to carry on when he is down? Lot's of testosterone and I am sure much beer was flowing through those flaccid veins. I wonder how tough that twinkie would have been if he was alone.

This is not the way we as Canadians act. We are better than that. All powered craft need to be banned from the entire length of the Vedder. The Fraser is big enough for anyone to mess around on.

Final point - its a DFO offence to disrupt fishing activities when they are not obstructing a navigable channel. I hope that these goofs get caught and that they also lose their boat. People like them make Canada worse.

got mixed up on a post, put on wrong one
    Last edited by tyreguy; 07-27-2022 at 10:34 AM. Reason: edited - wrong info

Jet boats and Fraser, all good.
    Much of the Vedder, not, imo.
    If they ban them on there, I am all good.

Well it looks like some people from the area recognize some of the individuals on the boat. And it has yet to be confirmed but the fellow who owns the jet boat runs a guiding service for salmon and sturgeon on the Fraser. Sorry but if this is true, the individual should come clean, and own up to his despicable behavior on Sunday.

well,,,,,,the DFO just posted 15 min ago,,,,Oysoyoos lake will be opened for retention of sockeye,,,,2/day,,,,opening Aug 2nd,,,,,fingers crossed for South thompson
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    well,,,,,,the DFO just posted 15 min ago,,,,Oysoyoos lake will be opened for retention of sockeye,,,,2/day,,,,opening Aug 2nd,,,,,fingers crossed for South thompson
    2 a day what a joke, but I will still be going