Thread: Looking for information on Serpentine and Capilano River

Looking for information on Serpentine and Capilano River

Hey, does anyone have some info on these rivers? Im looking to do some fly fishing for coho after work and trying to find out when to go and what to use. Ive only gone after them in the Vedder with spinners before.

Serpentine in Surrey would be preferred location as I can get out after work, but have heard good things about Capilano. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for information on Serpentine and Capilano River

Dont know if admin will allow this-- but you will get a better response here.... http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/...hing-forum.30/

I know both rivers and you could fly fish the Serpentine around 64th and 152 where Highland creek comes in. I wouldn't be easy, but it could be done.
    Serpentine doesn't have much fly fishable water where you could really cast. But then again you could just roll cast into most spots.
    But I don't think fly fishing is the best for Serp. Water is dirty and you need something that generates vibrations.
    I found spinners work best.
    You could go down to the estuary and try some flies there. Estuary is the best place to get them.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Call either high water tackle in north van or pacific angler in Vancouver.
    The people at pacific angler will have all the info you need and answer any questions you may have.
    They are the best source if info and are 100% willing to share it if you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I know both rivers and you could fly fish the Serpentine around 64th and 152 where Highland creek comes in. I wouldn't be easy, but it could be done.
    Serpentine doesn't have much fly fishable water where you could really cast. But then again you could just roll cast into most spots.
    But I don't think fly fishing is the best for Serp. Water is dirty and you need something that generates vibrations.
    I found spinners work best.
    You could go down to the estuary and try some flies there. Estuary is the best place to get them.
    Okay, good to know. Maybe I'll try a spinning rod. I was thinking down by the Fen off King George as ive seen people there before and there is enough space to cast.
    Thanks!