Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops Lake Bighorn 3-29B November 2022

Re: Kamloops Lake Bighorn 3-29B November 2022

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    The guy with the tag should be doing the practice, you have mentioned what you and your dad shoot etc , but what about the tag holder. Whats his thoughts on all this.
    Yes we will get him trained to a standard. He has a 6.5 creed, has decent marksmanship and my father and I will take him for Sep 1 bear hunt, Sep 10 4-pt muley hunt (unlikely to be successful) and Oct 1 muley buck hunt to train him to remain when seeing big games, then pull the trigger.
    Too many hobbies, too little time.

Great draw your friend got . . . some of us are only slightly envious! Been to that zone on more than one occasion in November. I live at Kamloops Lake so look at those hills every day. Let’s connect.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Quote Originally Posted by vincentcui View Post
    Thanks for your advise, my group is now planning to throw two weeks in Kamloops. Can’t risk losing this once in a life time opportunity
    great news very good decision..the hunter will never regret the extra time like has been mentioned this hunt is worth $ 50,000 -$ 60,000 NEVER to be repeated again in his life.
    cheers
    steven

If you need a hand let me know. I made the same offer to the other zone draw winner too just have not PMd him back yet.

One thing that others have not mentioned is a bunch of these rams move east in the winter and live in town along Ord Road in Kamloops. They are used to people etc so they won’t be spooky like a “wild” ram in the kootenays that see a guy a 600 yards and is heading for the timber or high country. Also tons of hikers and walkers in that country year round.

These rams will most likely Not be spooky. I would bet a few of my ram mounts you could walk upright and insight within 200 yards of these rams to get a good shot.

if you feel inclined to belly crawl to get within shooting range be aware there are a lot of cactus in that country. Always look down before sitting, kneeling etc. and definitely look at ground around you when sitting and glassing. I have leaned back while glassing and pricked my hand on a cactus. You will only do that once without looking first the next time.

PM me. Always available to be an extra set of eyes and for ram judging.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    Great draw your friend got . . . some of us are only slightly envious! Been to that zone on more than one occasion in November. I live at Kamloops Lake so look at those hills every day. Let’s connect.
    Thanks BCbillies, will respond to your message

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    If you need a hand let me know. I made the same offer to the other zone draw winner too just have not PMd him back yet.

One thing that others have not mentioned is a bunch of these rams move east in the winter and live in town along Ord Road in Kamloops. They are used to people etc so they won’t be spooky like a “wild” ram in the kootenays that see a guy a 600 yards and is heading for the timber or high country. Also tons of hikers and walkers in that country year round.

These rams will most likely Not be spooky. I would bet a few of my ram mounts you could walk upright and insight within 200 yards of these rams to get a good shot.

if you feel inclined to belly crawl to get within shooting range be aware there are a lot of cactus in that country. Always look down before sitting, kneeling etc. and definitely look at ground around you when sitting and glassing. I have leaned back while glassing and pricked my hand on a cactus. You will only do that once without looking first the next time.

PM me. Always available to be an extra set of eyes and for ram judging.

BHB
    Thanks BugHornBob, will message you now, really appreciate your words of advice

hmmm yet another genuine offer by BHB CLASS ACT. you WILL be in GREAT HANDS with his experience knowledge .
    so wonderful to see that when once in a lifetime opportunites arrise so many members step up and forward to assist.
    one of our members lives on ORD RD and I HAVE INDEED seen rams literally behind his house..
    however i was NOT aware they had become so habituated to humans presence to that extent.
    hmmm expect LOTS of photos of the hunter,the crew,the ram and THE SMILES..
    THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE WITH YOUR CLOTHES ON.
    Srupp

Take BCBILLIES up on his offer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Images View Post
    Take BCBILLIES up on his offer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, I have texted him and received massive amount of info on ram hunting in zone B

if you need some help shoot me a PM. I can help with locating rams.