Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamloops Lake Bighorn 3-29B November 2022

Re: Kamloops Lake Bighorn 3-29B November 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Show up a week before the draw opens and don’t leave until you kill a ram or the draw closes. This is one of the most coveted privileges in the hunting world. Make the most of it or don’t apply next time. Thousands of dedicated and deserving hunters dream about this draw their whole lives.
    Well that’s a dick thing to say!
    Your right tho!!!

There’s some dandy rams in there, tell your buddy to not shoot a dink, he’ll regret it later.
    A great hunt to set himself a standard.

Show up a week before the draw opens and don’t leave until you kill a ram or the draw closes. This is one of the most coveted privileges in the hunting world. Make the most of it or don’t apply next time. Thousands of dedicated and deserving hunters dream about this draw their whole lives.
    This can't be stressed enough!!!

I know your buddy is new to hunting, but he will never get this chance again. It's a $50,000+ hunt for others and $50 in tags for him. If he decides he isn't interested or can't make the time he may end up with a life long regret if he gets more and more into hunting over the next several years and realizes what he missed out on.

It is truly a special hunt.

Also, BCRams has not been too active on here lately, that I recall. But, I would suggest to send a PM to "bcbillies". He is an experienced sheep hunter with at least one stone ram in the record book and also lives in Kamloops. I'm sure he can offer a few pointers

And that is it in a nutshell. Well said. Some may not like how you said it, but you are bang on.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmm basically find the sheep..put em to bed then move on them..sheep found one day will not be far away...sheep feed early am...once full lay down usually up pee/poop at 1pm a few bites and back to resting...dont forget the thermals RISING from 10 am ish then reversing 4 ?pm and heading downhill
    sheeps vision is equal to 8 power binoculars..and they REALLY spot movement well.
    if you find a group of ewes/lambs..usually there wont be a class 1v ram amongst them..the teen/adult rams will group together usually looking at all directions..for protection....the oldest hence most time biggest tend to be cranky old buggers and prefer sol..but not always..seen 3 big rams together lots.
    find rams look where they are ! then ask yourself why...by 10 am they will be starting to rest/bed..look for the obvious white ass..like elk it really gives them away..lol
    i believe BHB and BCRAMS are 2 of the finest sheep guys out there..hint hint...where there intel deviates from mine..follow their advice..although 30 years of watching bighorns has left me with obvious information.
    local intel simply can not be beat.
    please encourage lots of scouting trips and encourage a 10 day trip..best tip
    find/rent borrow a spotting scope...find em you can shoot them with a 30-30..lol
    walk with packs...break your boots in..practice shots to 300 yardsish
    congrads
    srupp
    Thanks again, being in the military but never participated in combat due to my profession. I must work on my marksmanship again, especially long range (all my harvests were 250m distance or less)
    Too many hobbies, too little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    Spotting scope and quality glass.
    Ten days too

SRUPP offers some solid advise.
    Good Luck!
    yes, I will buy a good one

Thanks for your advise, my group is now planning to throw two weeks in Kamloops. Can’t risk losing this once in a life time opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Well that’s a dick thing to say!
    Your right tho!!!

There’s some dandy rams in there, tell your buddy to not shoot a dink, he’ll regret it later.
    A great hunt to set himself a standard.
    Absolutely; we won’t shoot the first one we see, will glass days before we make a decision

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    This can't be stressed enough!!!

I know your buddy is new to hunting, but he will never get this chance again. It's a $50,000+ hunt for others and $50 in tags for him. If he decides he isn't interested or can't make the time he may end up with a life long regret if he gets more and more into hunting over the next several years and realizes what he missed out on.

It is truly a special hunt.

Also, BCRams has not been too active on here lately, that I recall. But, I would suggest to send a PM to "bcbillies". He is an experienced sheep hunter with at least one stone ram in the record book and also lives in Kamloops. I'm sure he can offer a few pointers
    Thanks, we will ensure to put this LEH in good use. Will DM bcbillies

Quote Originally Posted by vincentcui View Post
    Thanks again, being in the military but never participated in combat due to my profession. I must work on my marksmanship again, especially long range (all my harvests were 250m distance or less)
    The guy with the tag should be doing the practice, you have mentioned what you and your dad shoot etc , but what about the tag holder. Whats his thoughts on all this.

Fair point LBM, no party hunting in BC, nothing like the good old group deer drives back east!
    it does annoy me that it’s even against the law to help put down an already shot / wounded animal.