Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops lake Sheep 3-29A

Re: Kamloops lake Sheep 3-29A

What a great hunt to get. I can't give any advice on the area, but I can on the spotter. If you're looking to re-sell, stick with Swarovski as they seem to have the best resell value. Lieca and Zeiss would be next in line. They're every bit as good as the swaro, but don't seem to sell as quickly. Vortex will resell because of their lower price point, but you may have to take a bit more of a financial hit with them when you resell. Kowa's are great, but they don't seem to be well accepted in the hunting community and hence you may be sitting on it for a while to get max resell value. With that said, as was pointed out earlier in this thread you won't be counting rings or judging curls so premium optics aren't entirely needed. You can get away with a sub premium spotting scope, but you may find it more difficult to re-sell (I used a bushnell elite for several stone sheep and goat hunts before switching to swaro)

As for straight vs angled it's kind of user preference. I recently switched to an angled (swaro) and I find it a little more difficult to pick up my target, but it offers a few other advantages. If you will generally be sitting in a lawn chair while glassing, get the angled. If you're primarily going to be sitting in your truck get a straight with a window mount. You can't really go wrong either way honestly as whatever you get, you won't know the difference compared to the other.

hmm agree on SWAROVSKI..I used the curved model allowed for a lower profile while spotting less pain in the neck.
    srupp

Well guys..

I was getting worried..

not including the time I spent glassing with members from here, I spent almost 24 hours in total glassing over numerous trips and had only laid eyes on a couple ewes, a few small immature ram and one young full curl (in a farmers field lol)

today, at 1pm my buddy and I were doing a bit more glassing since it was a cool day, and looking in a couple spots that wouldn’t be my first choice where to find sheep.. low and behold at least a dozen mature rams in a band! They were quite far back in an old burn so even on max zoom on the spotter we could only see they are rams and a couple had some nice head gear..

counted 16 sheep all said and done before we left..

just a few more sleeps until we can give it a whirl to track these back down.. going to go back on the evening before opener and see if I can “put them to bed” but if not, I’m optimistic we can find one of them in 15 days. Even if it’s not the biggest one out there.

Weeeeeell sir?

I Won’t be posting an update on this site.

maybe you’ll catch it on rockslide or one of the forums that actually have hunters on it.
    tired of the admins enabling the whiny old men bitching about their conspiracy theory’s and putting hunting threads on the back burner.
    Bunch of clowns treat this forum like Facebook and my thread that got locked where I encouraged people to post more hunting stuff was the nail in the coffin.

Anyone that helped on the hunt or with tips and information or that has this draw next feel free to reach out and I’ll share pictures and information.
    aside from that, it’s time to give this forum a break.

good luck contending with the dozen or so mouth pieces that never shut the **** up about their stupid opinions and never contribute anything hunting related on HUNTINGBC***
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 09-26-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Okay not sure what happened here Ryo but I would like to see pictures and a write up of your sheep hunt .I’m on a couple of other sites but geeez all the bloody usernames and passwords gets a little much .
    This is hunting site based on our province where one can contribute and ask for help and share their experiences .
    I for one want to see more fellas posting their hunting and fishing experiences .
    Arctic Lake m
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post

maybe you’ll catch it on rockslide or one of the forums that actually have hunters on it.
    tired of the admins enabling the whiny old men bitching about their conspiracy theory’s and putting hunting threads on the back burner.
    Bunch of clowns treat this forum like Facebook and my thread that got locked where I encouraged people to post more hunting stuff was the nail in the coffin.

Anyone that helped on the hunt or with tips and information or that has this draw next feel free to reach out and I’ll share pictures and information.

good luck contending with the dozen or so mouth pieces that never shut the **** up about their stupid opinions and never contribute anything hunting related on HUNTINGBC***
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

RyoTHC , The PM function can be useful .
    I find it works out well and I only communicate with those that I want .
    Cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok thanks for pointing that out, can’t believe how wrong I was and how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I don't know why he always attacks me so vicously.

Sorry to hear that. At the time you posted that, there were over 360 people on the hunting forum. It's Tuesday at 10:00 in the morning. See you later.
    Last edited by 180grainer; 09-26-2022 at 10:02 AM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Sorry to hear I for one would be really interested in your hunt

Ryo

Look at all the good HBC has aswell.. And yes one moderator in paticular has put me in time out and wven some guys that i didnt get along with I have worked with for common goals.

Ps I think your sheep story is awesome.