Thread: Kamloops lake Sheep 3-29A

Re: Kamloops lake Sheep 3-29A

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Take bighornbob up on his offer.
    great idea..
    x2
    srupp

Good luck! I hope you harvest a beauty old ram!
    Alpine Addict
    Big Buck Enthusiast
    Sick with the Sheep Bug
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    @hunter.cr

Shoot a big one. Just go take your time man seriously take your time you have a once in a lifetime chance to kill a giant Cali. You live close, I’d drag my balls from west Kelowna in shards full of broken crack pipe glass to have that draw.

Good Luck Ryo !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Well, since this site needs a lot more hunting discussion..( lol)
    And I’m a hunting noobie in general let alone a species I’ve never even thought about hunting…
    guess it’s time to get the bike back out and work on cardio.. chasing bears is easy lol

anyone care to share any knowledge they have about this little gem?
    will start scouting after Canada day long weekend.. it’s about a 30-40 minute drive from my front door so I should be able to put tonnes of hours in..

never hunted sheep, or anything alpine before.. tbh I put in for 3 “holy grail” draws, knowing my hunting time would be limited this fall as my wife and I are having our first child in a few weeks here..

needless to say this year has been full of pleasant surprises after getting walloped by the flooding in November.

3-29A Sept 15-30 is the exact zone and draw.
    This throws a small kink in my local elk hunting plans.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

First of all - congratulations on the once in a lifetime hunt. Treat it as such because to buy this hunt would be $50-60k (or more) and you'll likely never have a chance like this again.
    Good spotting scope, phone scope adapter and bino's would be key, that lookout above the south side of the lake will give you an excellent spot to glass from and find/follow the sheep. Find them, follow them and get to know your target, and when Sept 15th comes around you are set.
    Well, since this site needs a lot more hunting discussion..( lol)
    And I’m a hunting noobie in general let alone a species I’ve never even thought about hunting…
    guess it’s time to get the bike back out and work on cardio.. chasing bears is easy lol

anyone care to share any knowledge they have about this little gem?
    will start scouting after Canada day long weekend.. it’s about a 30-40 minute drive from my front door so I should be able to put tonnes of hours in..

never hunted sheep, or anything alpine before.. tbh I put in for 3 “holy grail” draws, knowing my hunting time would be limited this fall as my wife and I are having our first child in a few weeks here..

needless to say this year has been full of pleasant surprises after getting walloped by the flooding in November.

3-29A Sept 15-30 is the exact zone and draw.
    This throws a small kink in my local elk hunting plans.

Talk to Dennis Kitto

He has more pictures of monster rams in that area than anyone

To clarify, “to buy a hunt like this” and not so much buy this hunt as I don’t think there is a guided hunt there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    First of all - congratulations on the once in a lifetime hunt. Treat it as such because to buy this hunt would be $50-60k (or more) and you'll likely never have a chance like this again.
    Good spotting scope, phone scope adapter and bino's would be key, that lookout above the south side of the lake will give you an excellent spot to glass from and find/follow the sheep. Find them, follow them and get to know your target, and when Sept 15th comes around you are set.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    To clarify, “to buy a hunt like this” and not so much buy this hunt as I don’t think there is a guided hunt there.
    I heard that the local FN band there was allowed to sell 1 hunt per year?
    But i agree, it is definitely a $50,000-$60,000 hunt.

It is certainly a once in a lifetime. Big rams. Pretty close to town. Pretty easy to scout. If i had the tag, i would dedicate 10 days to it. One week off work plus weekends on either side isn't too bad for a hunt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I heard that the local FN band there was allowed to sell 1 hunt per year?
    But i agree, it is definitely a $50,000-$60,000 hunt.

It is certainly a once in a lifetime. Big rams. Pretty close to town. Pretty easy to scout. If i had the tag, i would dedicate 10 days to it. One week off work plus weekends on either side isn't too bad for a hunt like this.
    I won’t be able to spend days on end on the mountain at a time having a new baby, but it’s 30-40minute drive to the glassing point that’s been suggested to me, so I’ll at least be on the glass for 15 of 15 days of the season, barring a ram going down prior to that… I may not have the luxury of holding out, depending on how the situation is at home.. booked off work from sept 1-Oct 4 so scouting should be no issue before season as well. I’ll carry my bow and hunt any bucks while I scout early sept.

lots of amazing offers for help and tips already so I’ll be utilizing that as much as I can.. thanks everyone so far, I’ll be reaching out !
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 06-28-2022 at 02:46 PM.

I won’t be able to spend days on end on the mountain at a time having a new baby, but it’s 30-40minute drive to the glassing point that’s been suggested to me, so I’ll at least be on the glass for 15 of 15 days of the season, barring a ram going down prior to that… I may not have the luxury of holding out, depending on how the situation is at home.. booked off work from sept 1-Oct 4 so scouting should be no issue before season as well. I’ll carry my bow and hunt any bucks while I scout early sept.

lots of amazing offers for help and tips already so I’ll be utilizing that as much as I can.. thanks everyone so far, I’ll be reaching out !
    I meant the rest of us coming from the LM and elsewhere. You live in Kamloops, you could probably do it just hunting the weekends.

It'll be a good one.