Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamloops lake Sheep 3-29A

Re: Kamloops lake Sheep 3-29A

Was visiting Omer on Saturday. I was with someone that bought elsewhere a 60x zoom minox spotter with 80 mm obj, and we had Omer mount on a tripod we were buying. Could not read the numbers on a power pole up the hill looking west. Omer pulled out a 50x zoom swaro, not even the high end model, with smaller obj lens and we were able to read the #'s clearly.
    I wished I had my kowa there to compare, and we didn't want to take up more of his time to run around and get all the spotters. We did also look at bino's, and bs'd about rifle for close to 3 hours.

Get the best glass you can put money into, as it will be worth it. We both ended up with the revic tripods, and I can't wait to start shooting off mine at the range. He has sold out of them now, but more on the way.
    I use a "phone cam" adapter that was made by "Tines UP", before they now decided to branch out on their own.

Well, time is ticking away quickly..
    think I almost have everything we will need for this draw.
    Quad is serviced and prepped just in case, picked up a little aluminum boat and motor so if we need to get across the lake instead of going all the way around, we will have that opportunity assuming the weather cooperates.

tripod is in the mail and on route..
    Just working out what spotter, and I believe we are fully ready to start scouting.. we both have most of September off work to make sure we maximize our time.

I have reached out to several of the offers to help, hopefully I can take advantage of all the knowledge between you all now that I’m ready to focus on the scouting.

has anyone used the Athlon Ares 20-60x85 spotter? Some real world experience with it would be great.

also 65 or 85mm? It’s not something I’ll be carrying on a typical hunt in the future either way. Also if anyone can suggest if I should be getting a straight tube or angled ?
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 08-10-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Illegal to use a QUAD -ATV for hunting or transport for hunting in mu’s 3-28 3-29 3-30 ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Illegal to use a QUAD -ATV for hunting or transport for hunting in mu’s 3-28 3-29 3-30 ! RJ
    explains why everyone used a boat. Maybe they will rescind it before then ��
    thanks for the heads up.
    time to re read the newest regs front to back to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    explains why everyone used a boat. Maybe they will rescind it before then ��
    thanks for the heads up.
    time to re read the newest regs front to back to be sure.
    that reg has being there fir a FEW years now and will NEVER be recinded . You won’t need one where your gonna hunt any how! RJ

Never hurts to call the CO's office in advance and simply introduce yourself and tell them that you will be in the area for your hunt. Most CO's r great folks and like honest hunters and will only help.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Never hurts to call the CO's office in advance and simply introduce yourself and tell them that you will be in the area for your hunt. Most CO's r great folks and like honest hunters and will only help.
    Kammy CO Dudes are OK guys ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Kammy CO Dudes are OK guys ! RJ
    I’ve met 5 between Kamloops merritt and Vernon and every one of them has been a stand up guy.

now for the important question, anyone have a suggestion as to whether I should be looking at a straight spotter or an angled ? Going to take everyone’s advice and sit across the lake (1km) and glass across then we will head across if and when we see a ram.

This is where I miss Coach. He was such a giver in life and helped out with so many hunts. He would be up there in a heartbeat to help any way.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Honestly its a easy road hunt you can scout a cranker but i would just glass from south side go shoot it and if its so deep you cant pack call a guy (me with boat or horses) just kill it easiest sheep hunt in the province... let me know if you need help.i dont really care just like the floods just be fair.not monetary just team. I have boats and horses at ready but if it was my tag i would honestly just drive up and shoot tnem.