Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: LEH is out!

Re: LEH is out!

Anyone know if this years odds are available anywhere. Just curious as I put in for some low odds area and got zip, but would be nice to know the stats.
    thanks

Only desert in Canada overlooking the Thompson River.

I believe the stats are listed alongside the area you specify when you fill in for your LEH hunt. Some are low, others way up there. I was successful with 16:1 odds. Same area last draw for 3 or 4 of us that go individual hunt was 7 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullreaper View Post
    Just curious. Not that I know many people, but everyone I’ve heard of getting drawn for moose in 7B, lives in that area. Any southerners get a 7B moose draw?
    No point in applying for it. Tripalm, 10 point, and a 15 hour drive? Can apply for an any bull LEH within a 5 hour drive. So rightfully so the 7B moose draws should go to those who live there. Why they made it more restrictive than easier access areas is beyond me. As if they wanna shut down hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentcui View Post
    Well said. Odd is just a number representing probability of a draw; though my family had never drew anything other than 4 doe since 2010, considering doe draw odd is around 20:1 (translate to 1 in 20 year per hunter, 1 per 20 hunter, or 5% probability), we are already placed on the better side of the luck spectrum.
    There is no probability in BCs draw system, it's either luck of the draw, superior draw selection, or rigged.

When the system has 'reduced odds' for people that have won an leh, how do you explain them winning the same species, in the same MU multiple years in a row? I personally know people who have done this 4 out of 5 consecutive seasons, and recently read someone claiming 7 successive years luck.

Clearly the 'reduced odds' permits some lucky individuals to continually end up at the front of the line?