Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear Down - Tulameen Area

Bear Down - Tulameen Area

I'm up at the cabin, Son calls last night to say he's heading up today for an overnighter around Tulameen. I told him that apparently a lot of the FSR's are pretty messed up so he showed up this AM to scout around to see what is / isn't accessible.
    Comes back a few hours later with a better idea where he can / can't go and said he's heading up from Coalmont. Would've went with him but I have the dogs here and he's planning on camping out so wished him well.
    Maybe an hour later, phone rings, it's him, he's found a cell zone and called. "I just got a bear with the new rifle you bought me."
    So, we're both pretty happy, he's got some work to do but he'll be back in his Princeton home tonight.
    The sentimental part - some might remember my posts about his past "difficulties" and how he totally turned his life around. Earlier this year for his 40th B-Day and as a "reward" for that, his hundreds of hours dealing with the flooding at our cabin, and the way his life has developed we bought him a very nice and expensive Tikka. Really nice that the first shot taken, other than at the range turned out as successful as his life has. Pretty proud Mom and Dad.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear Down - Tulameen Area

That is a very nice story! Congrats to you and your son. I couldn’t make it out this weekend, but glad he got it done early with all this heat!!

Awesome story. Was up that way last weekend fly fishing, and the roads have sure changed, or gone.
    Few ways to get in, but it will take a little longer now.

Way go to! Heart warming story right there and a well deserved bear to top it off. Tough to beat that. Congrats to IG and son! Thanks for posting it up here to share with all.

Congratulations to your son on his success in his hunting and turning his life around. A quality rifle is such a thoughtful gift. What caliber did you go with?
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Congratulations to your son on his success in his hunting and turning his life around. A quality rifle is such a thoughtful gift. What caliber did you go with?
    Thanks. 270, same as the Axis it replaced. Nothing wrong with the Axis, it served him well for @ 10 years with numerous deer and bear and he was hard on it, we just wanted to get him something more robust and simply better. He's a pretty happy guy.

Great work!

Congratulations on the hunt and a bigger congratulations to finding his way again. Life’s full of ups and down. Nice to hear about someone prevailing!

Good for him, no looking back now. New life, new gun and great parents! Now about him shooting my bear LOL
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Awesome, thx for sharing!