Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another spring bear thread

Another spring bear thread

As much as I feel this dead horse has been beat probably enough I can't come to decide where to go for this weekends bear hunt. plan on leaving Thursday coming home staurday night or Sunday, thinking of going to barriere/kamloops area or 70 mile house. Any other suggestions or tips on trying to get things done would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Another spring bear thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cody66 View Post
    As much as I feel this dead horse has been beat probably enough I can't come to decide where to go for this weekends bear hunt. plan on leaving Thursday coming home staurday night or Sunday, thinking of going to barriere/kamloops area or 70 mile house. Any other suggestions or tips on trying to get things done would be greatly appreciated thanks

go a bit higher. I’d recommend the cut blocks of 3-13.. still some snow at the tippity top, fresh green below for the sows and the boars are looking for sows. I’ve been mushroom picking all week around 1500m sometimes higher and have seen several nice bears and LOTS of crap and tracks.

Thanks for the help, I've never personally hunted 3-13 any advice on a starting point would be awesome. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cody66 View Post
    Try the hwy, just got one today with the wife's suv. Nice little cinnamon, not much hide left on him and the Co's took him away.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Try the hwy, just got one today with the wife's suv. Nice little cinnamon, not much hide left on him and the Co's took him away.
    As in, you hit it with the SUV? Lol
    How's the SUV?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    As in, you hit it with the SUV? Lol
    How's the SUV?
    Never could figure out how to post pics on this site but surprisingly not bad. Haven't checked the underside yet but looking at a new bumper and a couple sensors

Cody, where do you go for deer hunts? where do you want to go for hunts?
    Bears are everywhere, use the trip as a building block toward other hunts and species
    bears are easy and two tags can be had, perfect learning tool
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Cody, where do you go for deer hunts? where do you want to go for hunts?
    Bears are everywhere, use the trip as a building block toward other hunts and species
    bears are easy and two tags can be had, perfect learning tool
    Spent time in 7-52 last year looking for moose but since that is out of the question for obvious reason i decided to go to 3 since I've spent time there over the last few years

neither could i until i discovered that there is a gallery tab up top here and if you click on it you can upload photos to the gallery...then click on the photo in the gallery and copy the address in the address bar and paste it onto the thread...simple dimple...

aked - HuntingBC.ca Photo Gallery

pic of a deer ked

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Never could figure out how to post pics on this site but surprisingly not bad. Haven't checked the underside yet but looking at a new bumper and a couple sensors
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 06-22-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Plenty of bears running around right now. Saw 6 on Saturday in R3 at 3500-4000'. They are cruising right now so if you see one you won't have a ton of time to make a play. At least that's my recent experience.
    WSSBC
    CCFR