Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letter to Minister Katrine Conroy related to bighorn sheep and goat hunting

Re: Letter to Minister Katrine Conroy related to bighorn sheep and goat hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Otto1946 View Post
    The RACIST policies, i.e., "UNDRIP" of the NDP, have brought about ever increasing losses of OUR wildlife and this is a disgrace.

I agree that ONE ram per hunter per lifetime is enough, however, this MUST apply to ALL resident hunters with NO exceptions.

I see little real value for we BC people in even allowing "non-resident" killing of OUR wildlife, but, I do respect others p.o.v.'s in this respect. so.........

I have solo backpack hunted sheep, passed up a legal ram as he was only barely legal and am now too handidapped and almost 77 to hunt such game, but, it is TIME to clean out the bureaucracy and support our resident rights. My family has lived in BC for more than 150 years and in the Kootenays, for 130 of those and I do NOT support rich foreigners taking OUR resources!
    Glad to see you’re still on top the dirt and kicking Dewey!
    At present we are faced with some major issues in wildlife management and who will be in control of said wildlife going forward.
    Here’s something to think about….if and when BC shuts out non-residents the ability to hunt BC wildlife species … what will be the fallout?
    If non residents are gone do you think the funding from organizations like the Wild Sheep Foundation will still flow into this province?
    We need to think big picture and quit crying over crumbs.

Re: Letter to Minister Katrine Conroy related to bighorn sheep and goat hunting

That is something that residents rarely think about. It's always us vs. them most of the time and you are right, they need to start thinking big picture, and that includes not just the portion of the resource being allocated to non-residents, but how the resource is allocated among licensed resident hunters and unlicensed resident hunters.

By the way I tried to send you a PM and it bounced it because your box is full apparently.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.