Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Area Restrictions Questioning the Rationale

Area Restrictions Questioning the Rationale

Does anybody have any knowledge of this Area Restriction around Heffley Creek?

The reason I ask is that the only rationale given is: "The purpose of this Order is to limit the risk of fire in the restricted area."

I personally feel this is not good enough and could lead government dropping area restriction whenever / for whatever they feel like and not letting the public know the actual underlying reason. The reason given above could apply anywhere in the province.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...cg_n=HootSuite

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Area Restrictions Questioning the Rationale

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Does anybody have any knowledge of this Area Restriction around Heffley Creek?

The reason I ask is that the only rationale given is: "The purpose of this Order is to limit the risk of fire in the restricted area."

I personally feel this is not good enough and could lead government dropping area restriction whenever / for whatever they feel like and not letting the public know the actual underlying reason. The reason given above could apply anywhere in the province.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...cg_n=HootSuite
    In case you missed it, they can and do restrict access to a number of areas with little more explanation than ‘because fires!!!’ already.
    It’s happened on bad fire years - they restrict vehicle access to backcountry to prevent fires caused by exhaust-grass contact. They’ve maintained the restrictions in areas burnt last year, but supposedly allowed mushroom pickers access to the burnt areas.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Many areas are closed this year due to fires.
    One of my spots is closed, some area burned completely.
    Might as well leave it for a time.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Many areas are closed this year due to fires.
    One of my spots is closed, some area burned completely.
    Might as well leave it for a time.

This is not due to a past fire - the reason given is to limit the risk of a fire.

It should be clear that government has a tendency to not be that transparent, and we let them get away with it. I could just be in a tin-foil hat mood, but you let them use and emotion reason, not one based in science, well you should know how that goes....

I did email the "contact" on the page - of course, it my question is just being bumped around.

This is not due to a past fire - the reason given is to limit the risk of a fire.

It should be clear that government has a tendency to not be that transparent, and we let them get away with it. I could just be in a tin-foil hat mood, but you let them use and emotion reason, not one based in science, well you should know how that goes....

I did email the "contact" on the page - of course, it my question is just being bumped around.

Ok, I see.
    Looks like a lot of private interests around. Maybe they have something to do with it.
    Railway goes through there, maybe they live with the idea that Lytton fire was started by sparks from the train.
    I hope you get some sort of an explanation.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

You’re right to question anything and everything the government imposes. The government not only doesn’t care what’s best for the people of this province/country, they actively seek to gain further controls through “safety”, “tolerance”, “inclusion”, and other BS reasons. Their goal isn’t to make anything better for you and me….it’s to make things better for themselves, and control is what does that for them.

F them…..anything the gubment says is simply an advisement that they’ll take something from you if you’re caught doing something they say not to. Choose for yourself which of their advisements you agree with and follow them…..the rest, calculate the risk/reward and make your own decision on that too. Only thing worse than a politician is a whole bunch of politicians.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

This is a very small residential street bordering Kamloops city boundary. Couple houses in there. The only thing I can guess is there doing some firesmarting work in there and don’t want to be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyHorseshoe View Post
    This is a very small residential street bordering Kamloops city boundary. Couple houses in there. The only thing I can guess is there doing some firesmarting work in there and don’t want to be bothered.
    The order is "until September 9th, unless otherwise rescinded."

But that info is interesting - there is usually simple answers to conspiracies, like someone wanted to keep others away from their property.

OK....I live right next to the area, there are 16 homes here. Forestry contractor worked all last fall and through the winter thinning, spacing and making several thousand piles. The contractor did try to burn but the piles were to green so 'they' decided to let the piles dry until the fall. Some of the piles are within 75 mtrs of some homes. The problem started with dirt bikes and quads coming in and ripping though and around the piles, we have found cigarette butts and beer cans that they have discarded. The folks here petitioned the Forestry to close the area to motorized vehicles untill the piles could be burnt this fall but they closed it totally.
    We feel that the work that was done over the winter is great....but we are pissed that now we cannot even use our hiking trails out our back doors. There are 3 families that have horses that ride allmost daily out back.
    Hope that this explanes the situation here. Good news is that I am off to Kyuquot tomorrow for 2 months fishing!!
    Ross

trying to delve into a similar situation here, a small fishing lake is closed off by a new forestry road deactivation
    that reportedly was 'requested by 'a person' at the regional district office
    trying to find the rationale
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC