Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pig fat and hog casings

Re: Pig fat and hog casings

dime go to some of the coopers and see if they have any pork fat in there freezers i know we do after the pork leg sale that was mentioned....as for not being able to get casings from britco from what i have been told thats because they have to get sent away to get cleaned up and then sent back here...

when we made sausages in school our sausage instructor told us to use pork picnic for the trim and thats what we always used...i guess it is personal preference one what u want to use as blade is a lil fattier...

casing to keep them longer put them in a colander where they can drain let them sit for a bit and then add salt and lots of it let it sit and then add some more the water just pours out and they will keep for quite awhile...any questions just pm me i probably dont know near as much as bowwalker or huntwriter or even a few others out there but i know a lil
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Thanks BowWalker for the clarification. I may try that again sometime but for the last couple of years we have been making sausage and one of the fellows is very young and strong and has taken on the mixing job and doesn't stop untill it is completely mixed or until I say stop so I will use his brawn until he starts to complain. We mix a 25 lbs batch for al least 15 mins and the results have been great, no extra spicey spots or lack of spice in the final product but it is a lot of work.

coopers next week have pork picnics on sale for i believe 99 cents a pound not the cheapest but still pretty cheap
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer